NorCal ?

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ruck a chucky. Mineral Bar. Bear River.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Many places to camp for a small fee campgrounds. Areas between Placerville and Auburn on 49. You can park along 49 at the middle and north fork confluence American, as easy to get to and walk as far as necessary. Lots of bedrock. Most likely picked over, but you never know. So much there be creative. Good luck.

Armchair prospector

Jul 31, 2011
Water levels are low so new ground prospecting may produce good finds as new areas exposed. Otherwise go to unusual areas away from the water as many stay close.

CApicker

Nov 3, 2013
West Sacramento, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bear River Camp Ground is pretty awesome! fun cheap camping... gotta bring in water or in my case beer but the Gold is everywhere. North of Colfax

diverrick

Jan 18, 2011
Vacaville, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Eureka gold
Primary Interest:
Other
Mineral Bar, Bear River as well as Iowa Hill are all charging now to even park on the side of the county road for an hour. Ticks me off to no end. Why do I have to pay to park on property that belongs already to the public? So some fat cat county guy can get a raise I figure. Certainly not to maintain the shoulder of the road or trails. For decades it was free, actually a century or more it was free. Now we have to pay. They are decent camp sites though rough camping at best.

hunterbill

Sep 26, 2012
AK,S.OR,N.Cal
Detector(s) used
MD-20,GMT,Gold Bug pro, Sluice, Dredge, Eyes, ATX, pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Get a surface management map from the BLM. Camp on public land for free, just don't stay in one place for more than two weeks. Learn how to use BLMs LR2000 to check for open ground to prospect/mine on. Print and carry the "geo index report" you find on LR2000. Consider getting a GPS and a surface management chip for it, this is a good way to know for sure who's land you are on.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lousy maps by blm(don't show claims or anything under 80 acres as land stewardship only) and LR2000 is junk. The BLM is trying to take my claims as not listed ,but legal since 92 in trinity county. This may in open public meetings they pulled this garbage,now proven to FS super that bs comes from BLM. Forest service maps always more accurate but only shows public vs private and not claims. That issue solved and oops yet again and again. Pay a few bucks and relax better in a camp hosted so your stuff don't disappear when your at the creek/river-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread