4604797d6f1da016e39beeb083be9963.jpg

OP
OP
B

biggdave92

Dec 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notice where I was digging behind the rock....

1b0092cbe5c46ff69b847ee0a4b1207d.jpg

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, just try to dam it off as much as you can, clog all holes and spoon feed your classified material as not to clog it up.

If flow is too little to create the fluid bed then you should try building a dam above the dam, control the upper dam's water flow with a board that you can lift and when your ready to run the Bazooka.
Clean out your cons after each run and when your done for the day, run all of your cons through the bazooka again.

That's about the best that I can come up with for really low flow.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, I didn't see that pic.
That looks like zero flow lol.

I think your better off panning down and when you get to your black sands and heavies then toss it in a bucket to refine later to save time.

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! You need a highbanker! LoL

Great pics, that rock reminds me of that clint eastwood movie where they guy from that one james bond movie hit it once one handed and it split down the middle.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I read on another forum where they created a small dam with a large piece of heavy duty plastic then tore it down after use. Don't know if this is legal in most places though.
You have a water source so maybe even a Hogpan or a Pyramid pan should be on your shopping list for low flow times especially since you are digging in an apparent seasonally dry stream bed.

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From what I see of flow there I would opt for the suggestion by NeoTokyo. Wet classify it and pan it to concentrates and then take all the cons to a water source that has more flow and run it through your BGT there or just pan it at home. Sometimes panning is faster if you have a lot of obstacles to overcome in your sluicing op. Is the gold in the pic the usual size or do you get larger flakes? Do you have a pic of the water flow?

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pssst! the big gold is under the rock! LoL!

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, Winch that thing out of the way! :)

UTAvalanche

Oct 30, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Found a good spot, problem is, very slow water. Any ideas of what i can do to get the super mini to run correctly? Pics of dams / setup? i need a highbanker.... Thanks!

It looks like you may have the same problem I do most of the time. Too low or no water flow. With this stream, you cannot have any physical contact with the water so that lets out making dams. I just suck the material out of the stream with a Hand Dredge from the bank and run it in my mini sluice.

My solution:
I made a mini sluice that is just a little larger than the Bazooka mini but you can do the same with your Bazooka and make it into a recirculating sluice.

I drop a battery run bilge pump into the stream and pump what water there is to the sluice to run it. This works good to test an area. I sucked buckets of material from 7 different spots and ran the material through the sluice.

Sluice on stream.jpg

The second possibility is what I use in the desert and processing material at home. I run the sluice out of a small tote. I only need 10 gallons of water to run this.

Sliuice in tote.JPG

OP
OP
B

biggdave92

Dec 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made it back to this spot today. Water was flowing perfect. Ran about 30 gallons. Got my first picker!
673e5602025a1880b5eb965d503aced1.jpg

UTAvalanche

Oct 30, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Congratulations. It looks like things are picking up. Keep it up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions