Rerun "super cons"?

2020hindsite

May 28, 2013
Free
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually go out and dredge and run my cons through a gold cube. I then stick them in a bucket and wait until winter to process them.
I just realized I have nearly a full 5 gallon bucket full of "super cons" from the gold cube. I do not wish to pan all this and was wondering if I can rerun these super cons through the cube and get " super-duper cons"? Or will I risk loosing a bunch of gold?
Thank you

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just to be safe, I'd run the material through the GC twice,
although it probably isn't necessary...but I'd still do it.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some and probably many rerun the tails from the cube anyway. By rerunning super cons you will probably end up with some to much less material to final process for gold recovery. Check the tails to see if you need to rerun them. I wish I had your problem.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I usually go out and dredge and run my cons through a gold cube. I then stick them in a bucket and wait until winter to process them.
I just realized I have nearly a full 5 gallon bucket full of "super cons" from the gold cube. I do not wish to pan all this and was wondering if I can rerun these super cons through the cube and get " super-duper cons"? Or will I risk loosing a bunch of gold?
Thank you

If you have a GC, re-run as suggested. Then run the results on a Miller table built as AzViper shows how. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/400309-making-miller-table-using-rubber-mat-surface.html

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In fact, run them twice there, too.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
if you rerun your cons on the Miller table on the second run , screen them smaller and slow the water speed. your recycleing the cons anyway so your not gonna lose anything except a little more time unless you make/buy a autofeeder and let it do the work!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, you can and should do this. That is exactly what Red and Mike (the inventors and both great guys) would tell you to do. You will go from 5 gal to 3 cups in just a few minutes. Wham, gold!

Have fun with it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread