I found gold!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S. Platte Sunday. Met someone from Kevin's gold club, a nice fellow.
Anyway, I almost dumped this out with the small rocks. Looks like gold to me.
Weighs .133 grams
1.jpeg

Looks like a side of a ring, scratches way easy and has the right color. What do ya think?

Sick4gold

Jun 11, 2013
Indiana/Ohio
Detector(s) used
Proline!!!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks like it, it's common to find rings and other jewelry in creeks especially when I dredge near a bridge.
People throw all kinds of crap over a bridge from failed marriages ( rings ) to murder weapons.
I've been pulling the links of a gold necklace out with my dredge frequently.
Strangest thing I've uncovered was a microwave. I have no idea how I got 2 feet down or why it was there but I got really excited when I first hit it cause I thought maybe it was a treasure chest.
Nope just a poor GE that someone repurposed as a boat anchor

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found half a deer antler about 30" inch down. Perfect except for the points. Been in the ground so long. It had turned to wood. Never knew they would turn to wood. Or its one someone made out of wood. Hard to believe it would be that deep in a river.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I found half a deer antler about 30" inch down. Perfect except for the points. Been in the ground so long. It had turned to wood. Never knew they would turn to wood. Or its one someone made out of wood. Hard to believe it would be that deep in a river.

perhaps a stick that looked like an antler, or an antler that resembled the consistency if wood after being in the water for years, but transmutation isn't too likely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread