Club decision info please

ChrisinCO

Aug 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk, 48" BGT Prospector, and a pan.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Colorado Gold Camp is expensive but has the best claims by far. Good people, I've never joined but am friends with a few of them.
GPOC is more affordable and has good,claims. They meet in CO Springs so I've had no involvement.
GPOR has no claims but a large active membership with lots of outings. I'm a member and go to most meetings (in Lakewood)
GPAA is pretty weak here and their claims are poor. I'm a member of High Plains GPAA which you can join without joining GPAA but the club doesn't do much. There is also Foothills GPAA. I don't know much about them.
Gold-Unlimited is not a club but worth mentioning. It is a tax deductible charity which works on preserving our mining history and access to prospect at historic areas. I'm a frequent volunteer at their events and have donated money regularly.

Last edited:

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Colorado Gold Camp is expensive but has the best claims by far. Good people, I've never joined but am friends with a few of them.
GPOC is more affordable and has good,claims. They meet in CO Springs so I've had no involvement.
GPOR has no claims but a large active membership with lots of outings. I'm a member and go to most meetings (in Lakewood)
GPAA is pretty weak here and their claims are poor. I'm a member of High Plains GPAA which you can join without joining GPAA but the club doesn't do much. There is also Foothills GPAA. I don't know much about them.
Gold-Unlimited is not a club but worth mentioning. It is a tax deductible charity which works on preserving our mining history and access to prospect at historic areas. I'm a frequent volunteer at their events and have donated money regularly.

I like the CGC forum and know some members. They have good claims, but membership is over $100/yr. I am a forum member only, but have not paid to work the claims.

GPOC also has good claims and they are $25/yr but the forum is not as active. I am a member of GPOC.

I am not a member of other clubs, so cannot say, though I understand the GPAA no longer has any decent claims in Colorado.

HTH

Just my 2 cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions