Open outing invitation - Denver Colorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This Sunday, October 12th, show up at Steele St Open Space Park on the east side of Steele St just north of 78th St around 10am or so. Several of us are meeting there to do some panning, sluicing and such. If you come later, just walk east on the rec path to the river then down stream until you see us down on the giant cobble bar just past the railroad bridge. No gasoline motors since it is an open space park but a gold cube or other electric pump based gear is ok.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This Sunday, October 12th, show up at Steele St Open Space Park on the east side of Steele St just north of 78th St around 10am or so. Several of us are meeting there to do some panning, sluicing and such. If you come later, just walk east on the rec path to the river then down stream until you see us down on the giant cobble bar just past the railroad bridge. No gasoline motors since it is an open space park but a gold cube or other electric pump based gear is ok.

Kevin, I would love to come and bring my 48" Prospector! Unfortunately, mid-term grades are due the beginning of next week and I probably will not have enough time to get all my lab reports graded and do some sluicing. Boy, I really would like to be there.

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I could be there, but work calls. Have fun, and be sure to take/post some pictures!!

gunlocators

Jun 6, 2014
Lubbock Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the Invite I plan to be there. I just got in to Golden a couple hours ago. I spent tuesday and wednesday in Silverton on the GPAA claim. Man is it close to town. We found some gold matter of fact the first test pan had some gold. Not killer but certainly fun. I have saved my cons to run through my water table when I get back home. I was going to be in Leadville today but chose to go ahead and make it to Golden early. Plus I can hit up goldendetectors tomorrow. The weather was rain and snow all the way to Golden and made for a long trip but well worth the scenery.........

In Silverton ran the prospector and the sniper Bazooka and they seemed to run great. Had tons of flow in the river in Silverton, too much in several areas but managed to find a happy median. I also tested the new GoldSnare i got in and it seemed to do a great job. I know it recovers some fine gold. With the small attached sluice I wonder how much the recovery rate is. I want to test it in a controlled setting with a know amount of gold and see how much it recovers.

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great, looking forward to meeting you!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great, looking forward to meeting you!

It was really a sloppy day in Colorado Springs today; can't imagine it was much better in Denver. We even got a few flakes of snow.

How did the outing go? Even if it was cold and rainy, hope you guys got some gold!!

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It went well. There were four of us, including ChrisInCO, me and a couple guys from GPOR where I'm a member. The nasty weather held off for a couple hours up here and so it was actually good digging weather (60 and overcast). The rain and wind did come in a bit after noon and we all packed up. Here's Chris:

image-4163337145.jpg

And here's my setup:

image-2100274576.jpg

And of course the gold:

image-2143460703.jpg

...I just dug right upstream of my sluice in mid river :)

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried to get there but the Circus got in the way...
Great looking time! Can't beat them BGT's!

ChrisinCO

Aug 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk, 48" BGT Prospector, and a pan.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a good time meeting you guys. Thank you Kevin for the invite and the freeflowing information. Have only processed 1/3 of my cons and have doubled my gold caught total now!!! Will post picks when I get all done.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had a good time meeting you guys. Thank you Kevin for the invite and the freeflowing information. Have only processed 1/3 of my cons and have doubled my gold caught total now!!! Will post picks when I get all done.

That is great! Sorry I could not make it, but I am still not through grading papers. Sigh. However, teaching cadets is a great job and it pays the bills. It does reduce my time on the creeks with a sluice. :(

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, I guess early it wasn't too bad yet. Nice looking gold.

You have got that entire Bazooka submerged! Do you always run it that way? Or was it to get the necessary water through it?

OP
OP
KevinInColorado

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, I guess early it wasn't too bad yet. Nice looking gold. You have got that entire Bazooka submerged! Do you always run it that way? Or was it to get the necessary water through it?
you can run on or in the waster. Makes no difference to the gold or the fluid bed :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread