Found a marble! Whoo!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made it out for an hour and a half today, started to bash this to pieces over the sluice but decided to bring it to the garage once I saw the Marble. :)

marble.jpg marble2.jpg

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome color. i've got a blue one a green one and a clear dark amber.I like yours more than the ones I have found:notworthy:

OP
OP
Prospector70

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Marble3.jpg

Took me about an hour to free it with a dental pick and an small nail. I Did it very carefully so as not to do further damage to the marble. :)

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is sweet, that kinda stuff makes me always wonder who lost, how did it get there and how long has it been? Super cool find!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey prospector70.....what is the the lump is it an iron spike concrecion.

OP
OP
Prospector70

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey prospector70.....what is the the lump is it an iron spike concrecion.

The lump the marble was stuck in? It's an old sprinkler line with metal pinch clamps on the end, I also think there is a file or another piece of metal that runs perpendicular to the plastic line.
I find a lot of stuff like this in the Platte River, usually I just shovel massage it back into individual components over the sluice and take the trash home. Sure would be nice if my first nugget is still in there.
I haven't Demolished it yet, or even had time to go through the pan to see if I managed to trap some gold in the BGT.

Some "A Wads" are digging out the spot I've been working in this summer, not filling their holes in and leaving huge tailing piles in the middle of the water and not packing trash out with them.
Dismantle your wing dams, pack your trash (If you touch it, it's yours too IE: If you dig it up), and fill up your holes.

Dear A Wads:
Nice Gatorade bottles secured to your tailing piles, jerks.
Yeah I kicked all that tailing pile stuff down, dismantled your wing dam and packed your trash out too. Thanks for lessening MY time on the river.
I'm usually a nice guy, but I'm going to get in your poop if I catch yer out there. I don't mind sharing the spot, it's a free river. However, I'll be damned if you are going to continue to break the rules and jeopardize my prospecting in Denver's waterways... :)

Love,
P70

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, ok then!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah... I hate it when others do their best to screw it up for the rest of us! The Greenies think they have enough ammo to use against us already so it's not wise to give them even more!

During the last trip out, Chris an I were finding a lot of shot in our cleanups. While not near as cool as your marble it's still a good sign that the gold is close! After the third or fourth clean out I was tempted to open an ammo shop. I could have been reloading for weeks!

OP
OP
Prospector70

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is sweet, that kinda stuff makes me always wonder who lost, how did it get there and how long has it been? Super cool find!

I wondered the same thing, i suspect a baseball or softball bat from a local house hehe. they're about in that range. and kids do crazy stuff. I remember using a new pellet gun on all my star wars toys filled with red dyechem...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread