S

scoy

Aug 25, 2014
Orange County, CA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You have to classify prior to running the material on bazooka??

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
which one do you recommend?

I think the most popular model is the 36 inch Prospector. I would recommend the 48 inch Prospector myself. I would have bought the 48 inch miner model but I was afraid I couldn't dead lift it out of the water by myself heheh.

Edit to stay on topic:
I really like the idea of each of the different companies pushing each other to make better products. It's only going to get better for us, the consumers.

Last edited:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool beans, here is a pic of the setup instructions for the BGT, it has a nice side view so you can see how it works.

bgtinstructions.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think the 36 inch is the most flexible for River or creek. Definitely worth looking at!!

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scoy If you already have a 2b then just stick with it and learn how to use it. It's a good looking sluice and you have already found gold with it. You have a good production sluice box right now that is designed really well by people who have thought it out and taken the time to perfect it. You really only need to have one sluice and yours is excellent.

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Scoy If you already have a 2b then just stick with it and learn how to use it. It's a good looking sluice and you have already found gold with it. You have a good production sluice box right now that is designed really well by people who have thought it out and taken the time to perfect it. You really only need to have one sluice and yours is excellent.

The hard part is finding the gold... there are a ton of sluices that will catch it and they all claim to be superior to the other. If you want to increase your take concentrate on finding the gold not the equipment to wash it.

JayeLK

Greenie
Feb 15, 2005
Isn't this their website? Product Main
That is EXACTLY what they have on their page.
"...
Multiply your production by tenfold.
"

Thanks,
P70

Well, I stuck my foot into my mouth, didn't I? I did not remember that bit on the web-site, and it didn't sound like the people at CalSluice, so, I thought I was defending their honor. I'll appologize for writing without fact checking. Mea Culpa to all.

JayeLK

JayeLK

Greenie
Feb 15, 2005
I think it's an interesting design for gold recovery; although the classifier eliminates the possibility of recovering gemstones. Still, a neat design. -Luke

IMG_4276.JPG

Not that it is a common occurance, but I did get this with one a week or so ago. (0.48 carats)

JayeLK

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have a link to purchase a calsluice 2b?

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone have a link to purchase a calsluice 2b?
dub dub dub dot calsluice etc.
Strongly recommend you get a fluid bed though!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
idk wtf is with the holes in the tubes on that drawing. There should only be one row of holes in the fluid bed chamber, all pointing down

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread