Barrels for hauling water

titan100

Nov 12, 2014
Norco, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I found a guy in Norco on craigslist that sells barrels water tight from 5 gal to 55 gal for $20 for any size. Any recirculating sluice rs or if you need water for panning out in the dessert they are perfect. I got 2 of the 20 gals and hauled out to Goler area no leaking. Steve 951 958 9210 just thought I would pass along for everyone.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hotel Laundry departments will also give them to ya for free. AzViper gets tons of them that way and he turned me on to eleven of them. I can haul in 165 gallons of water which will keep two of us sluicing for a little over a week running 3 sluices. If it was just me, that amount of water would last me for more than 2 weeks and that's doing complete water changes every third day or so.

OP
OP
T

titan100

Nov 12, 2014
Norco, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just wanted to let people know about them I had no idea you could get them free or cheaper anyways they worked thanks for the future tip

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
craigslist, search '55 gal drums' or barrels (here you have to get creative or search returns barrel cactus)

Some are used for frosting and what not, but watch for oils (including food oils if 'food safe')

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread