Slow water

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Angus mackirk sluices work good with little water flow, you might want to still match the size of the sluice to the water your in though but it surprised me that even the forman sluice will run with little water flow you just have to feed it slower.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Diverting the flow of the stream by minor damming and/or construction of rock wing dams to direct more water current to and through the sluice is used by many sluicers and just takes a few minutes particularly if the stream is shallow and narrow. Good luck.

Last edited:

QNCrazy

Sep 30, 2013
Motherlode, CA
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
The Angus mackirk sluices work good with little water flow, you might want to still match the size of the sluice to the water your in though but it surprised me that even the forman sluice will run with little water flow you just have to feed it slower.

Ditto this. I have the AM Explorer and use it often in the late season.

NeoTokyo

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2012
Redding
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eyes - Nokta FORS Gold - Fisher Gold Bug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you are working in a very small stream a TeeDee EZ Sluice would work.

I would recommend grabbing two and connecting them together to make a mini long tom.
Also be sure to purchase at least 1 flare to help funnel water in.

I have but just 1 complaint about the TeeDee EZ Sluice though, the removable riffles are a bit of a pain to put in and remove and they warp over time (About a year for mine.)

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
silentrev...NO, you don't want "glitter" in your pan unless you're into saving mica:laughing7:
Remember, all that glitters is NOT GOLD.
:goldpan:
Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread