Bazooka Christmas

captain_mike

Aug 20, 2012
Dogtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX, Whites Goldmaster GMX, Whites TDI SL, Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab GP3500, Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I went up to the bazooka gold trap shop so I could buy her a new 24"sniper for Christmas. We have a prospector, but the little sniper is perfect for sneaking in those "no sluicing"locations, and is also the perfect size for her. Do we went up to bear river today and she set it up herself and was shoveling away within 5 minutes. The sniper runs like a miniature prospector, and really eats the dirt. We'll see tomorrow what we got, after I pan it out. It was too dark today. Anyone wanting a small, fast set up, fast clean up, no classifying sluice....this is it. It was fantastic.

Last edited:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I in no way endorse ninja sluicing, I would very much like to see a pic or two of your gold! haha!

Neat that you are close enough to stop by and see the shop. I bet they were bunzholes to elbows filling orders. Congrats on your new tool! Keep us updated on the progress!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm all for bazookas and sluicing and finding new spots.....captn Mike your local to us and the shop.....please please please for the sake of all prospectors....DO NOT OVERTLY BREAK RULES.....if your not supposed to be sluicing please don't....getting caught will cause more harm to us all. The last thing we need is to be perceived as rule breakers and unlawful operators. Its hard enough that we aren't breaking laws and the federal laws in place are being ignored by the "other side"....we don't need any of us making it worse for us. "They" actually have very little to use against "us" and sluicing in a hands and pans only area will only cause that area to grow....Please don't take offense.......there are numerous places to go run a sluice legally........if you are having a problem finding a place to go PM me I will put you on a good spot.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He was joking... lol. There's only one place here that's a hands and pans only and that's the South Yuba Rec area. You know the areas so do the math. It's good to see another wife sluicing at the river :thumbsup:

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indeed, I wish mine would, but she's such a city girl... (I'm aware of the irony that I hardly ever leave the city to prospect... lol)

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bazooka envy! This wife wants one too!! Yeah south yuba is hands and pans. Other than the bear river and Yankee noms I don't know where you're allowed to being a sluice in my area. I'd love to go on the yuba (not in a park) or in one of the creeks.

OP
OP
C

captain_mike

Aug 20, 2012
Dogtown
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX, Whites Goldmaster GMX, Whites TDI SL, Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab GP3500, Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after panning it all out, we got two little flakes and a whole bunch of flour gold, which proves to me that this little sniper does exactly what it's supposed to do, which is capture and keep all the gold, regardless of size....
As for having a sluicing, loving wife, what can I say? The first two weren't interested in prospecting, or anything else I was interested in, and you know what they say...third times a charm. I certainly earned this one after the hell I lived through with the others. Ha ha ha

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reed, how would I know he was joking?....we have talked in private and all is good.....and btw the area he was referring to is hands and pans. Folsom state Rec. area. South Fork of the American from east of Salmon Falls Bridge is the boundary. Within that boundary its hands and pans only and no detecting. I wish it were different as there are several areas I would like to hit with a shovel and sluice but, am not allowed. I apologized to Captainmike(he does out rank me) for being a nag yet, I stand by what I said as far as breaking a rule he/anyone knew he/anyone were breaking if he/anyone happened to be doing so. Anywhoo I am glad that the Captain and his wife have a bazooka and can go shoot it. And that they get to go out and look together. When I retire my wife will still be the one at home waiting to separate the poison oaks from the whites:laughing7:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reed, how would I know he was joking? I apologized to Captainmike for being a nag yet, I stand by what I said as far as breaking a rule he/anyone knew he/anyone were breaking if he/anyone happened to be doing so. Anywhoo I am glad that the Captain and his wife have a bazooka and can go shoot it. And that they get to go out and look together. When I retire my wife will still be the one at home waiting to separate the poison oaks from the whites:laughing7:

As long as it keeps you from nagging on them then I did my job :) hehe. I didn't want to see a Great Christmas post turned into an unneeded attack against a happy couple and their new Bazooka. I forgot they turned that section of the South Fork green, I stopped in there a few weeks ago during the big rain storm. Season Greetings :)

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are so few places to set up a sluice above the bridge it is not worth hauling one out. Panning is your friend at the bridge.

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep... My husband is a true city boy too, and I'm a country girl from Alabama. I can't even get him to go camping let alone dig in a river for gold. I'd enjoy his company but it works out just fine this way, as I get to feel right at home with my "good'ole" prospecting friends and especially enjoying the serenity of the river! ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions