Bazooka Prospector Deluxe

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I made this system before I received by Bazooka Prospector and when it arrived today, I had what you see in the pic installed within 15 minutes. Now, this is NOT a highbanker setup but an in-water sluice operation.
P1040235.JPG
My mining partner (wife) and I will be shoveling into the sluice until we get all the overburden removed to within a few inches of the bedrock. Then we'll switch over to the 'Bottom Feeder' to get the gold rich bedrock material pumped directly to the sluice. The intake hose is reduced to 1¼" to avoid plug ups in the 1½" hose.
P1040225.jpg
The joint between the 45 degree elbow and the 'Header Spreader' is unglued so that I can rotate the hose to whatever position I see fit. It's a tight dry fit and with very little pressure in the hose I don't see that joint blowing off.
P1040233.JPG
Keep in mind that this is a two-person operation...one on the pump and the other on the hose end.
The sluice will take care of itself with an occasional inspection of the trap.
I'm sure a Gold & Sand hand dredge could do the same thing with only one person but we like to get up close and personal with the bedrock.
Bob
sucker bottle dredge.jpg

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is that a smooth bore hose? neat design!

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, smooth bore hose. Did a test run at home with <1" material and it worked like a charm.
Going to swap out the stand for one of eBuyc's Bazooka stands. They are lighter than mine and have a built-in hold down to keep the sluice in place. Wife and I decided to stop throwing overburden up on the bank this coming year in order to reach bedrock. May as well toss it in the sluice and let the sluice sort it out :thumbsup:
We've been using hand dredges to clean bedrock but that's a suck-swing over the pan-dump...repeat type of deal. With my Bottom Feeder, she can spend her time on the hose while I pump directly into the sluice.
Should be a fun summer !
Bob

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
silentrev
There are hundreds of ways of making a hand pump found all over the internet. I use a plumber's rubber test plug for the piston. It's adjustable. I use clear Tru-Union swing check valves. Everything else is just plain old pvc fittings. If you're working alone, I'd suggest purchasing one of those Gold & Sand units.
Bob

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice set up!

ebuyc

Jan 17, 2012
Spokane, Washington
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
silentrev
There are hundreds of ways of making a hand pump found all over the internet. I use a plumber's rubber test plug for the piston. It's adjustable. I use clear Tru-Union swing check valves. Everything else is just plain old pvc fittings. If you're working alone, I'd suggest purchasing one of those Gold & Sand units.
Bob

Bob the reason I changed to the clear PVC swing check valves is the Gold-n-Sand check valves jamb easily... FYI

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bob the reason I changed to the clear PVC swing check valves is the Gold-n-Sand check valves jamb easily... FYI

And a darn good recommendation you gave me !!!
Got my Add-A-Flare almost ready to mount to my Bazooka. Check your email...I need your feedback.
Bob

OP
OP
Underburden

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sideways Sherry
It's February and although it feels like spring I have no access to a gold bearing creek right now.
BUT, you will see results when the wife and I get on claim later in June/July.
Bob

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is awesome! Love the design! It's a Vac-a-zook! You can even make nozzle attachments for different ends on the hose. Totally cool.

We used a test plug for our hand dredge as well.

EO1

Feb 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did you get the check valves and smooth hose ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread