well going to try i guess a angus mackirk!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ummmm, what?

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
I have the Explorer & have been pretty happy with it the little I have gotten to use it. I have been thinking of getting a larger mackirk to go with it but have also considered a Bazooka. Weight on the larger Bazookas concerns me as I do more backpacking prospecting than production stuff. My Keenes have been relegated to loaners & my highbanker.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Grab yourself a bazooka Goldtrap Sniper for backpacking. Only 5-6 pounds and not too bulky AND you can shovel right into it so no need to carry buckets or classifiers...just the sluice, a 14" goldpan to dump it into (and to pan down the cons since you want to keep your weight down!) and a gallon ziploc to dump your super cons into. Git diggin'!

I used an AM Expedition as my primary sluice after I gave up old fashioned metal sluices but my Sniper produces 2-3x the gold due to elimination of classifying. Sold all the metal sluices already and now thinking about selling the AM since its been dry for over a year except one time I loaned it to a newbie.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well you know Kevin I almost P/M you to ask your opinion on low water on the mini how it would fluidize but I decided to try both and we'll see but I think when I get some more time I think I want to try my own build of a mini first and go from there.............well up here in maine if its a normal season only 11 more weeks to go before the snow will break LOL! By the way I have a 36" sniper will be here tomorrow not sure how much i'll gain from the 30" I had but I'm ready

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Mini needs almost nothing to fluidize but it works better with a classified material (a #2 mesh is fine) and feeding via garden trowel so it's more work than its usually worth in my view. Just upgrade to a Sniper and life is good!

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well got my 36" sniper today and it looks awesome ............can't wait to try it and youl laugh I found out I actually have 2 angus mackirks coming I thought I didn't quite check out on angus site so I went to Carolina prospectors got the grub stake so will be hard to explain to the wife LOL!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...time to run some Major amounts of dirt now...

:) congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread