Got some color with my BGT Super mini

justinfisch01

Nov 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out of the house yesterday since they were calling for a high near 60 degrees. It was a wet and foggy day, water was high due to the rain but I was still able to get some color. Pic quality is not the best. Maryland gold is small but I am able to get some every time I go. This is from about 4, 3 gal buckets. Looking forward to the summer when the water is low.
20150104_170233.jpg

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome, keep it up

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats man! nice color make the bazooka proud!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I did not know there was gold in Maryland. Thanks for sharing the photo and the knowledge.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Another Bazooka gold magnet satisfied customer!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I did not know there was gold in Maryland. Thanks for sharing the photo and the knowledge.

Actually there are active mines in MD and have been for about 200 years. There is gold within a couple hour horse ride of the White House!

There are/were no less than 10 mines just west of I-495 on the inside bend ( north shore and inland bench deposits) of the Potomoc River. Also a couple just west of Chevy Chase. All this as per USGS data.

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
List of all the recorded gold mines and one placer in Maryland. Gives the coordinates too. You can change search parameters and use this site to search by state, mineral, etc. Good Luck.

Mineral Location Search

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread