Gold Hog Mat Instalation

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if this is just a stream sluice I don't think the scrubber is a good idea ur and razorback matts are the best for stream sluicing the new down draft I'm not sure of..to use scrubber you got to have a lot of water velocity go to docs site and he'll recommend what matts are best suited for what situation your trying to suit for.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Razorback and downdraft or bedrock for a stream sluice

OP
OP
Weser

Weser

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would scrubber be better in a 10" 40" sluice ? The reason I'm asking is someone gave me a section of the scrubber and downdraft to try out.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scrubber really requires a lot of water to run efficiently ...................what happens is with out water speed those rubber riffles will clog up quick and then the gold will glide right over the top out the end...................theres nothing saying you can't try it????? I guess what I'd do is a simulation run with a pump of some sort experiment with pitch and angle and run some lead in with some cons and have a catch pan at the end to see is there lead blowing out........trial and error I guess

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your predominant size of gold/ Is it a stream sluice

OP
OP
Weser

Weser

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scrubber really requires a lot of water to run efficiently ...................what happens is with out water speed those rubber riffles will clog up quick and then the gold will glide right over the top out the end...................theres nothing saying you can't try it????? I guess what I'd do is a simulation run with a pump of some sort experiment with pitch and angle and run some lead in with some cons and have a catch pan at the end to see is there lead blowing out........trial and error I guess

Yes it's all about trial and error, I was hoping that scrubber would work we shall see. Thanks for the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions