Bazooka Super Scoop...Add-A-Flare

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For those times when you can't get enough water to keep the fluid bed operating properly in your Bazooka Fluid Bed Gold Trap Sluice, try adding a flare.
P1040242.JPG
I made this one out of 1/8" ABS plastic that I had hanging around the shop. I used my metal brake and a little heat to form it. It measures 18" x 18" tapering to 14" at the water scoop portion of the sluice box.
Rather than drill more holes in the sluice box, I used small C-clamps to hold the sides in position.
P1040244.JPG
I used aluminum to form two fingers that support the add-a-flare on the water scoop that feeds the tubes.
P1040243.JPG
This is all theoretical right now as it's mid winter and I have no access to a working creek. For those in warmer climes, give it a try, you just may like it. Check out my blog as I'm always into something,

Bob

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is that a gold cube stand? That flare looks awesome!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd add a top plate just to avoid dirt going in the bottom.
May as well make it so you slide the bazooka into it like a collapsable cup. You'd increase pressure in the tubes though, be careful! :)
Neat idea though. Tweetabear had something similar a while back and if I recall he did not like it all that much. May work for you though :D
I'll see if I can find his thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread