Replacement mat for Royal 50inch folding sluice

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if your just stream sluicing I like gold hog matts my self ur, razorback, and I think the new down draft are the to have for just running in the creeks with no pumps

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the royal sluice too.I have goldhog mats for it as well as stock mats.If using goldhog mats you cant fold it up with mats in it anymore.If your hiking to your spot goldhog mats are much heavier than stock mats.If your main interest in the folding sluice was portability some of that is lost using GH mats.Of course you can still carry mats seperate and fold sluice up but its extra item and weight to carry.

If that does not suit your needs you could try miners moss in place of or even over your carpet.You can also replace your carpet with a different type of carpet.Lowes and such places usually carries a cheap entry rug for your front door that has a nice ribbed pattern that works fairly well.

Gold Rover

Feb 19, 2014
Western Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I replaced the carpets on my Royal Folder with an entry mat carpet from Dollar General. It works better than the originals. I lost the other carpets in a wind storm!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread