Fluid bed at tailing of recirculating Sluice

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All!

I am working on my re-circulating Sluice set up and had an idea....

For Christmas I bought the kids a "Gold Rush Nugget Bucket" and the basics of that system is a fluid bed, which really works well.
How Gold Panning Works - Instructions - Gold Rush Nugget Bucket

So I started thinking about making a fluid bed that my tailing's would fall into in my recirculating sluice.

As I think about it, it seems to make sense and would act as back up - catch for any lost color.
That vs. having to pan through your tailing's regularly to make sure your not loosing anything.
Of course, the size of everything needs to be increased due to volume of material and water, but I think it would work well.

Has this been done by anyone out there? Or been seen yet?

Cheers

G

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G-Bone ,research GoodyGuys posts on this subject. Excellent setup

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey All!

I am working on my re-circulating Sluice set up and had an idea....

For Christmas I bought the kids a "Gold Rush Nugget Bucket" and the basics of that system is a fluid bed, which really works well.
How Gold Panning Works - Instructions - Gold Rush Nugget Bucket

So I started thinking about making a fluid bed that my tailing's would fall into in my recirculating sluice.

As I think about it, it seems to make sense and would act as back up - catch for any lost color.
That vs. having to pan through your tailing's regularly to make sure your not loosing anything.
Of course, the size of everything needs to be increased due to volume of material and water, but I think it would work well.

Has this been done by anyone out there? Or been seen yet?

Cheers

G
www.treasurenet.com/forums/sluicing/263238-my-diy-fluid-bed-gold-trap-sluice.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread