jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not far from there I have thought to but most I have talked with say it's very sparse if any at all

davidhorton001

Apr 5, 2014
Interesting, this is why I like having someone to bounce ideas off of. It saves gas money lol. I do know of a creek that my wife's grandpa has found pickers at. I want to go to this year. I have checked out a lot of the places around Missoula and have found some good ore samples that I still need to crush and pan.

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice I'm still after that elusive picker I have ran a lot of dirt and yet to find one

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet thanks for the tip and I hope so I have been driving my girl nuts with all the mapping and planning so

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah we should for sure

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you a member of the gpaa still I have been looking at joining but wasn't sure what claims they had in my area thought it would be cool to meet people with more experience and learn a bunch me and my fiancé love to get out and look for gold I just picked up a very old Garrett metal detector but it seems to work well so she's excited to try that out soon

Yes I am. Back in '88 I decided to become a life member as I could make monthly payments and it was cheaper than the yearly dues. Don't know what the cost is these days but most likely they still do that.

Last edited:

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GPAA does have 5 claims in Montana listed in my mining guide but I haven't visited any of them yet. I have been to a couple creeks and hopefully I will find more with better results this year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for all the info guys

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm working on a hand dredge I will post pics when I'm done just waiting on parts maybe get some feedback from you guys

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Will be interesting to see what you come up with.

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
Also from southwest montana. All this nice weather is giving me the itch to get out.

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
I live in Butte. And try to get out as much as possible. My gold prospecting partner and I built a small trommel last winter as well as a couple of sluices that we usually run as recircs in the garage.

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh that's sweet I have been looking at building a trommel

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
I will try to get some pictures posted tomorrow. If you build one I have about a million ways to not do it. I am actually just gearing up to make another one for a friend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions