Definitely would like to see how you made that trommel

Last edited:

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424836694.955316.jpg

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424836852.484135.jpg

Had some dirt stockpiled in the garage and thought it would be a good idea to run it in the backyard. This picture does not show my wife shaking her head and laughing at us.

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now I want one that thing looks like it can run some material

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Same thing mine does to me I have a few 55 gallon barrels full of dirt I need to run

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
With the right sluice it will eat it as fast as you can throw it in. Our sluice tends to load up quick so we usually run 10 buckets then clean out. 12"x4' sluice running v mat and miners moss with an angle iron and expanded bar. We fabricated everything on it but the motor and the sluice. It's the only 1 of 5 sluices we use that we didn't build ourselves. We found out quickly that the money in prospecting is typically made by the people that sell the equipment not the guy that are grinding it out

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
That's funny you say that we just picked up a plastic 55 to start stockpiling dirt in. We haven't yet because we were unsure what to do with it when it's full. But it's a big footprint in the garage to have 15 or 20 buckets laying around full.

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can see that for sure that's y I try and make all mine but it's tough I don't know a lot yet so a learning curve of what actually works

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's what I do I take all my 5s and stock pile into a few 55s until I can get to it

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I also have one that I cut in half and made a rope handle for out in the field it hauls a lot of dirt to my sluice or highbanker

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
We have had a ton of trial and error. I think we built that trommel 10 times. We would build something see that it wouldn't work then tear it apart and start over. It was definitely frustrating. We found a few guys on here that helped us a lot through the process. I was very surprised to see how many people on here were willing to help when you asked.

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have seen that and that's awesome they all seem like great people that love the hobby

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
I like the cut in half idea. Now I'm gonna have to get another one. We just cut the top off and cut two handles in ours and wrapped them with duct tape to soften them up.

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To bad your so far away I get them at work faster than we can get rid of them

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1424837668.316772.jpg

Here is another one that we just started making. It's a bucket classifier. Bought the mesh at ace. This one is half inch and we also built a 1/4" one. Just cut the bottom of the bucket off and used a torch to melt the mesh right into the plastic.

Bucket=free
Mesh 10 ft roll = $20
And about 15 minutes of work

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread