jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got my truck all loaded with gear for sat thanks again for the tips on where to go

davidhorton001

Apr 5, 2014
Anytime, if you don't know already know it's private property up too the second cattle guard. After that your good, and the road will come to Y. If you stay right the road crosses the creek. People work both sides of the canyon. Good luck and have fun.

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome thanks I have never been up there thanks for the heads up

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe we can meet up there one of these weekends

Sullyy2323

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Keene A52 Sluice, Bazooka Gold Trap Sniper 30"
Primary Interest:
Other
New member here. I'm also over in Helena, MT. Looking to get out and about!

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
Hey welcome. It's good to see all the people from montana on here. Haven't gotten out this year but I've definitely got the itch

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes welcome and these guys are all great I have been out the last two weekends found a few pieces of micron gold but it has been amazing out there

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427683686.860652.jpg finally got out today. Some of the most fun I have had panning in a long time.

Sullyy2323

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
New member here. I'm also over in Helena, MT. Looking to get out and about!

To be honest, not a ton but I've always wanted to give it a try. Slowly adding to my equipment list. I purchased a Keene A52 a month or so ago with some pans, etc. The A52 is too big for the creek I'm wanting to sluice so I pulled the trigger on a 30" Bazooka Sniper this afternoon. What type of system do you guys use?

Sullyy2323

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey welcome. It's good to see all the people from montana on here. Haven't gotten out this year but I've definitely got the itch

Thanks Jmy74. I feel were pretty lucky to live in MT when it comes to the gold dept! Figured I would start taking advantage. What area are you in?

Cheers!:occasion14:

OP
OP
jasobdb

jasobdb

Feb 20, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a home made stream sluice and two high bankers small and one bigger they all have there advantages

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
We use a trommel that we built with a 10" x 4' sluice. Also have a 3 footer that we use in the garage as a recirc. I'm in the process of building another trommel for a friend now hope to have it done within the next 10 days or so. I will try to get some pictures of both up. We have pretty much built all of our own equip other than pans. We have even started to make our own screens. I think I posted a picture on this thread, if not I will get pictures of those up. Finally got to put our screens to the test this past weekend and I was really happy with the way they held up. We were not nice to them and they took it in stride and live to fight another day. We are in Butte by the way.

jmy74

Oct 25, 2013
Sully I see I also posted pictures of our trommel as well as the bucket screens we started making and using . The screen pictured is a 1/2" screen in a 5 gal bucket, the one I used this weekend was a 1/4" screen in a 3 gal bucket

Sullyy2323

Tenderfoot
Mar 18, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sully I see I also posted pictures of our trommel as well as the bucket screens we started making and using . The screen pictured is a 1/2" screen in a 5 gal bucket, the one I used this weekend was a 1/4" screen in a 3 gal bucket

Looks great!

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any of you guys heading over to Boise this weekend for the gold show?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread