HELP. SLUICE PROBLEM/WIFE PROBLEM

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright so anyways. everyone who knows me knows I love my bazookas. I've got a grizzly 3 for some areas but if I could I run the bazooka hands down end of story. so here's my problem. my wife has been looking at different types of equipment. I showed her the new cleaning system where getting. it's the kryorsos Vortex sluice. I'm having the guys set me up with a kit that I put together. but anyway she seen this and the 2 bucket method we use to clean up cons quick and easy that way we get everything done pretty much right there then bring home a cup instead of a bucket. So she's been looking around at all the different vortex system. there's no way in hell would I open up to a goldwell system. I'm not carryin 80 pounds up the hill. and nor am I paying 500 for just the sluice. that not included with everything needed to run it like the stand, waterfall box and so on to make it a highbanker. then they want 80 bucks for there flair to make it a river sluice especially when it'll cost me 10 bucks max to get a piece of scrap aluminum and builed it myself. the highbanker kit is like 800. now that's there smallest 1. just the flair i could by a hole sluice for that. so anyways she didn't like that idea so I'm good there, but she is convinced that the sidewinder is the way to go for the Micron gold. now I'm all about keeping her happy and all. she just wants the mini backpacker. the sluice and vortex system seam to be pretty good and it looks like it could stand the test of time. so I'm thinking about just buying the mini backpacker for her. but then theres the fact that it's 200 bucks. Now normally I'm all for good equipment. but there isn't enough reviews on that sluice to at least In my eyes to condone thar type of cost.
So I'm coming here to find out what yalls opinion is. if there's anyone who has 1 I'd love to here from you on what you think and so on.
the grizzly 3 was just a matter of versatility and the problem where having in some areas. and it has reviews. people who have used them like them so. it wasn't a problem.
and the sidewinder I'm willing to help her with ya know what ever keeps her interested and happy but I need to know if it's going to be an investment that works. I'd hate for her to get it and get upset because she can't get what she's after.
and trust me she can set up my keene a51 better than I can. she's just got more patients then me so that's no problem. and it's got me curious now to so I wanna know I can she a few applications that it could come in handy. but then again I could use the grizzly 3 for those areas 2.

Last edited:

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Skiddum, having an eager and interested wife as your partner ain't much of a problem !! LOL Good Luck and take care of your partner

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lol no your right. and that aint the problem by no means so don't get me wrong. I would never suggest that. just trying to figure out if the sidewinder would be what she wants is all.

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
let me refrephrase that. tryin to see if the sidewinder would be worth it. But I guess no matter what people say here it's ultimately going to come down to her decision. that's why I was hoping to find someone who has used them and what they like what the don't like. so I guess what I'm getting at is I'm trying to be able to show her some honest opinions on the equipment so she can make an educated decision. cause we have both seen allot of hype and I'm not calling these people liars or anything but I'd like to see what other people have to say about it to.
Just doing some homework before we make any decisions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I guess it would be THE WIFES SLUICE PROBLEM. lol.
And honestly if we get it I'm excited to see how well it works. and really. I picked out the bazookas. she has 1 little mini. but I think it's the fact that it's hers she picked it out, she did the research and all in all its hers. something that she can sit and work with and figure out herself. but again I'd still like to see what's up and here from someone who has used 1.

Last edited:

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Isn't the Sidewinder a in stream sluice which requires quite a bit of water?

Would you use it in place of a bazooka? Or is this a cleanup device?

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The sidewinder is a stream sluice that's got more of a vortex system in it. my wifes shown me all the videos. in 1 I can't seem to find right now they have 1 set up for demonstration. it has some little whales in it that sit and do spirals in the vortex and can't get out. some of the other little things they put in like a ball and other stuff does cause there light but the Wales can't cause the vortex keeps them in. it's supposed to work the same for the gold. it's an interesting little sluice. and again my wife has had me watch all the videos and readeverything trying to get me on board and I'm right there. I'm ready to get it for her just to test it myself. but in all honesty if it makes her happy to have her own special sluice that she picked out and everything then I'm willing to work with her. if anything it'll get me out there. just that 200 bucks for the small 1 is a kick in the teath. yeah I get it I've seen how there built but Dang man.for that price I better be what she wants or I'm gonna be pissed. her mini she's still all about prospecting with but once she find her spother that's what she wants to use. me I'm throwing in the sniper and dumping as much as I can through my bazooka. Never know though she might just convert me if it works as good as she hopes

chlsbrns

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
If she wants a sidewinder get her a sidewinder. If she gets a sidewinder and hates it take the blame for buying it, apologize and ask her what she wants.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks a little too cutsie and gimmicky to me........... and 200 bucks....BS.

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. well I hope she enjoys it. hopefully I'll get it in a couple weeks. the weather has been really erratic lately. so one day we can go out. the other we cant. The way I see it if it keeps her happy to have her own thing to tinker with then hey great. but if I'm a jerk about the hole deal then she ain't gonna wanna go anymore and yeah. shill fight with me about going for awhile. so this way we get it, I help her get it and hey if it's a bust then we'll live and learn.

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
True.... it helps to keep the little woman happy.......
Good luck I truly hope it is a hot item and works well for you/her.

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And hey if it does work better then I'll let yall know how well it works.

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
If she wants a sidewinder get her a sidewinder. If she gets a sidewinder and hates it take the blame for buying it, apologize and ask her what she wants.

+1!!!
I'm not much for using the CC but if there was a reasonably priced piece of mining equipment that would make my wife excited to be in the woods with me it would be in the mail already even if I had to make payments!...

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's it. she loves being out with me but I picked all the equipment. so she wants something that she picked. that she did the research and everything to find her thing. and honestly I think that's all it is. she wants something that she hand picked for her

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Skiddum, having an eager and interested wife as your partner ain't much of a problem !! LOL Good Luck and take care of your partner

Roger, that. I have a dear wife but she hates gold panning and basically thinks it is a waste of time and money.

Enjoy your good fortune and may your pans be full (hers, too).

OP
OP
S

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well thanks man. mine was the same way tell I drug her along one day. shewouldn't pan but I let her run the sluice. the first flake she seen caught in the riffle mat she was hooked lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread