has anyone tried to build a snipe dredge on there bazooka yet?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wheels are turning in my head again I see someone putting a sand and gold hand pump little dredge on there bazooka which I like the idea of but has anyone ever tried some sort of little mini pump dredge? I'm sure it would be a lot of trial an error......my thought was that would be great to put like 1.5" hose on around a smaller stream and working around a big boulder or something you might have to have 2 people to run one guy running the dredge hose one overseeing the grizzlys from clogging that sort of idea...........man spring can't come fast enough I want to try so many things......lots of idea's to try

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been having the same ideas for my prospector over the last month and even went to Bazooka to talk with Todd about them. An inch and a half line and having someone tend the sluice was one thought. If you can get your sluice into some good flow and mount a small crashbox on it or some sort of flair. The problem is not overloading the grizzly so much as locking the fluid bed up solid. I have done that a couple of times running metamorphic gravels. Secondly would be the opposite where the lack of material movement due to the small line did not give you enough production. I think it would be viable if you were sniping out cracks only. You could probably move more material with a shovel/bucket in most cases. It would be great to see one work though. Good luck. I hope you conquer the problem.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There was a thread a little while ago. I'll try to find it. Bazooka Prospector Deluxe. Just a hand dredge but it's a start.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldenmojo were on the same wave length those were my thoughts as well somehow to dribble it in and come up with something to not overfeed just not sure if a secondary hopper would be the answer or not

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Vaquero i think the dribble factor will be the size of the hose. A 1-1/2" would probably not overload the sluice as long as you are not working sand or a place that has a lot of black sand. Some of the places I work you get a lot of black sand and I dump the sluice often. I like this setup because of the weight factor. You can outfit a pack with everything with less than 50 lbs. I believe.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think the diverter at the box would be the most important item. You would want a clog free way to move the material laterally across the box so that you don't overfeed the gizzlies in one section.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I have angus mackirk bucket classifier 1/2" was thinking about this part be elevated over the rear of sluice but off to the side of it so the bigger rocks being kicked off to the side so it don't go into the underflow chamber still going to use the stream water for the slick plate area just still got to figure water direction flow flap underneath of the am classifier so it flows somewhat smooth going down through still got to iron out the details.........but anyway you cut it its still going to be a 2 man operation just move rock out of the front and watch grizzly's

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I see the dam trout unlimited band and flyfisherman's clubs are out again the state is in the middle of closing more streams towards motorized dredging but nothing on gravity dredging so anyways if I bought a huge 48" bazooka miner and ran 50 to 75' of 2.5" hose do you think the bazooka could keep up I do realize it would be 2 man job but that's ok any thoughts?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't know the length of line a 2.5 will push I guess it depends on your pump and setup but the 48 Miner is a monster for size and ability to gobble up material. If you could get it in flow to fluidize the trap and had a tender keeping the grizzly clear it would probably work well. I have never dredged before so others that have could better comment on pump specifics. You might want to ask this question in the dredge forum too and see what they say. If you get one running a video is going to be a necessity.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well on the gravity end of it there would be no pumps just length of hose and try to find and area with some pitch and stretch it out...prime it and hopefully run it that was my thought the only other thing I could think of maybe is a big type le trap or angus mackirk sluice to run through

Aquatek

Nov 20, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a 48" prospector & for sure i'm going to make up a square bucket classifier arrangement & give my boy the job of "chief grizzly inspection technician", so much easier to prospect than lugging my huge highbanker/dredge combo through the woods :)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Aquatek, what would the "square bucket classifier" be like and why would you need it when using a Bazooka?

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am with Kevin on this. The Bazooka is the classifier. If you have a 48 prospector you can shovel into it whatever you can physically lift with your shovel. That still leaves work for your boy clearing 10-12 pound pieces of cobble off the grizzly. Just set him on a bucket with a hand trowel and shovel everything you can. The Bazooka will do the rest. Good Luck and Happy Prospecting. Post Pics.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Vaquero. If I ever build one I am going to incorporate my prospector into the scheme.

Aquatek

Nov 20, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden.
Detector(s) used
Gold bug
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As i intend to use a hydro-Force nozzle to get my material to the Bazooka I just didn't want to overload it with too much rock :) I fully intend to try without the bucket but we'll see......

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I think depending on the size of the bazooka you might have to have a controlled fed hopper to regulate material over the slick plate someone would need to be watching the material exit to keep clear and good flow out and watch of rocks on the grizzly also not sure how good it would work but from the hopper down to the slick plate have slide ramp with a screen to not interrupt water flow 1/2" piece of expanded......I'm thinking a even feed rate may be the ticket but not sure might be more complicated then its worth still thinking of possible simpler way?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread