Gold Cube Trommel

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Isn't that just the cutest little thing:laughing7:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If Mike Pung is making it the odds are good that it's a
high quality piece of kit.

OP
OP
Dain8404

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont think he makes it. I believe it is another brand retro-fitted to fit GC. I am just hoping if i do purchase this (for the places with no dredging allowed) it will be efficient.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got to use one last summer when I did a volunteer thing with Red Wilcox (business partner of Mike Pung). It works just great. Shovel, shovel, shovel...just like with my Bazooka Prospector but of course you can set this thing up anywhere, not just where there's good current,etc.

OP
OP
Dain8404

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks kevin. Was wanting someones input that had seen/used one in person.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How would it do on mud and a little clay, the stuff they were shoveling was all sand so I'm sure that would be easy to wash.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mud would be ok, my material was a bit muddy but the barrel is too short for clay. It would just spit it out the end I'd say :)

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I like it! BUT you would think they would have installed some material flippers in the trommel that would flip or turn over the gravels to beat up the clay. it would be a EZ mod to do if you buy the trommel for yourself.

Apr 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a perfect unit for the gold cube, make a perfect and really easy set up gold mining kit.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it! BUT you would think they would have installed some material flippers in the trommel that would flip or turn over the gravels to beat up the clay. it would be a EZ mod to do if you buy the trommel for yourself.

Good Eye Russ!
Cleats would be the first mod I would make on such a short drum as you could see the material is just sliding down the sides of the drum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread