I couldnt take it no more had to go sluicing!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't take it no more had to go sluicing!

well finally my first outing was today so I test ran my angus mackirk grubsteak to see how it would work, I had brought the foreman II also and the bazooka but no dice on them today the boots I were wearing got my feet cold and had to get out but had fun today and got one fly poop speck of gold in the pan so this is encouraging because way upstream last summer I was getting the same garnet everywhere and traces of black sand I might of dug a hole maybe a foot deep right in a higher cobble area the angus works good but in my opinion really should be classified to 1/4" for good flow and not so much hang up had to fool with it quite a bit to get the end to flow out the waste material but I think tomorrow I'm going back with the bazooka to run that and see how this is going to hopefully just shoveling and get down to the bed rock almost forgot to mention in the pan in the center left on the ring that little spec is there

Attachments

• black brook stream 001 (640x480).jpg
    black brook stream 001 (640x480).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 141
  • black brook stream 002 (640x480).jpg
    black brook stream 002 (640x480).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 126
  • black brook stream 003 (640x480).jpg
    black brook stream 003 (640x480).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 134
  • black brook stream 005.JPG
    black brook stream 005.JPG
    510.1 KB · Views: 114
  • black brook stream 007 (640x480).jpg
    black brook stream 007 (640x480).jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't really tell by the picture but if the end of the sluice is in the water this can cause some back pressure and make the end of the sluice not clear out as fast as it should.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I wasn't quite sure about set up now I just went to youtube and I see the end is out of the water I was wondering what I was doing wrong thank you very much for pointing that out:thumbsup:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I couldn't take it no more had to go sluicing!

Great job getting out there despite the snow and all in Maine!!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The end od f the sluice doesn't have to be OUT of the water. it helps if it isn't but not necessary.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope built like a troll and forge on going back today to give the bazooka a run today hopefully better results!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nope built like a troll and forge on going back today to give the bazooka a run today hopefully better results!

That's great getting out like that; what was the temp and wind chill? Better luck today with the Bazooka. They are hard to not to set up right. May the trap be loaded with little specs of gold and at least one picker as you work to bedrock!

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Dave we had 40 degree's here in western maine yesterday 38 degree's today just back from using the bazooka but forgot my camera??? when I wanted to show it running but managed to 2 more fly poop specs so time to move somewhere else I guess and this was digging into the gravel/bony layer about 2' down but another good day to get out! now I'm hurting and got to give my hip a rest now

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey Dave we had 40 degree's here in western maine yesterday 38 degree's today just back from using the bazooka but forgot my camera??? when I wanted to show it running but managed to 2 more fly poop specs so time to move somewhere else I guess and this was digging into the gravel/bony layer about 2' down but another good day to get out! now I'm hurting and got to give my hip a rest now

Hey, I understand the hurting hip deal. A vibrating heating pad, some Motrin and some Aspercreme and a Lazy Boy to relax in while you watch something to take your mind off the ache. (Or get your laptop out and catch up and Treasure Net).

Hope it is better tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions