Bazooka Super Mini set up on recirc

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been kicking around this idea of recirculating with my Bazooka super mini and finally got the time to throw it together. I haven't got to feed it yet but was happy with initial start up and flow tests so figured I'd share and update after some run time with it.
Yes the super mini is small in size but is actually one hungry/thirsty little unit and with the good flow speed/volume I'm getting I plan to feed it fast. I put it together keeping in mind it will mostly be used as a at home set up but can still take it places if need be. I don't plan on trying moving mass material at once or anything crazy with it.
I set it up so the super mini is held tight in place simply with two wedge blocks, this will be ideal for quick clean outs as my schedule these days seems to only allow for short bursts of run time. So when I get the time to run a bucket or two It will be convenient to head for the garage, run some material, shut it down, pop it out of the wedge, clean it out into a pan, set it back in the wedge and ready to run more. All without the hassle of breaking down the metal sluice set up to clean out each time.
I have a stock of gravels at home to run and a few seasonal creek spots with easy access, good for digging cracks in the hot months and bringing home some buckets to run. So looks like I'll get some good use out of it and can still enjoy that sweet satisfaction of sluicing with a bazooka even when I don't have time to hit the creek or river...
A few details.. I'm using a 110gal holding tub, a 12v 3700gph pump, good truck battery and charger. The super mini is set at about 1 3/8" of drop per foot for starts, I'm sure I'll be adding more drop later and see what it does. I plan on making some small changes/adjustments before feed time that I'll point out later...

Suggestions/ideas, comments, questions are appreciated fellas:thumbsup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 132
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 129
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
OP
OP
Hangtowndiggins

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here's the pics without the background stuff going on and a couple short vids of it running..
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great simple solution for a complex problem! I believe the first word out of my mouth was a subtle F-bomb, followed by a daily affirmation of calling myself a dumbs--t for not thinking of that. Can't tell you how many split header/ crashbox thing a ma jigs I've shetched or planned in the noggin to try and accomplish recircing my Bazooka. Looking forward to seeing the end results. Maybe you can add a new contender to the chalkboard miller table, small recirc sluice battle. Nicely done!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Look out gold! No where to hide now! Killer set up!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well here's the pics without the background stuff going on and a couple short vids of it running..

I like the improvised bucket "crash box" but was wondering if you get a lot of water leaking out or did you also seal between the bucket and the aluminum sluice you are using to hold the Bazooka in place? If you have solved that problem, would you share how, please? I might like to copy it! :)

On the rocks, looks like rounded ones move fine; now you need to try a flat one and see what happens. Of course, you could always move the big flat rocks by hand if needed.

It looks like you have only one tub, though it is a big 'un. I generally try to use a two tub system but have been thinking of the 3 tub setup. You said you might run some gravels from the creek out back--is dirt going to be a problem with the pump and a 1 tub system?

I am not criticizing, just wondering and possibly offering some helpful suggestions.

May that system be loaded with gold for you!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HTD, that's awesome. The keene is a cradle for that awesome baby bazooka!!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
HTD, that's awesome. The keene is a cradle for that awesome baby bazooka!!

Just shows you how versatile a Keene is, especially in a recirculating system. :)

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking about making my mini into a rec system. I think it'll be a great idea and everyone wants a concentrator. the mini is so small but I'm sure you run all the cons through that there's no way it'll loose gold and it'll only leave a small cup full of cons when it's over :)

OP
OP
Hangtowndiggins

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fellas, glad ya guys dig it:thumbsup:

GPD, I appreciate the good thoughts and suggestions. As you can tell I took the whatever works approach lol, didn't even cost a trip to HD or the hardware store, had everything laying around the garage to throw it together.
Getting very little water on the floor. No real leaks just a little splash here and there but nothing that's gonna puddle up. As long as I don't have to throw on the rubber boots while running recirc I'm happy. To prevent leaks I knew I would have I used weather stripping where the two metal boxes meet and siliconed the a52 flare on along with all the little bolt holes on both metal boxes and sealed it up pretty well. The bucket had a busted handle so was glad to repurpose it how I did. It sits perfect in the upper metal box so didn't have to use any sealant there, just a bungee cord to hold it down.
I will most likely need a secondary tub for the pump or may be able to make a divider for the big tub I have now. I'll be using a catch bucket and have the pump located as far from the sluice discharge as possible, also have the pump hanging as far off the bottom of the tub as it will go so I'll try it this way for starts. The true test will be running it pretty dirty as I plan and will see what it does. I'm sure the pump will pull some mucky sediment but anything light enough for the pump to pull should be fine enough to pass through the spray tube holes without clogging issues. But I'll have to keep a close eye on the trap when the water gets dirty to that point.
My place is on a good well so it won't a prob to drain and clean the tub as needed and can always reuse the dirty water in the yard to keep the plants and trees happy..

Anyhow, the true test will be soon and can go from there. I plan to shoot some video of how (if) it works in dirty water so we'll see...

OP
OP
Hangtowndiggins

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thinking about making my mini into a rec system. I think it'll be a great idea and everyone wants a concentrator. the mini is so small but I'm sure you run all the cons through that there's no way it'll loose gold and it'll only leave a small cup full of cons when it's over :)

Yeah Skiddum, I'm thinking the same! Will also be great for reducing cons from my larger bazookas (prospector, miner)... Should be able to get away with a smaller pump than I'm using if you only plan on recircing with the mini as a concentrator..

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Way to Go Hangtown, looks like a natural torrent. Waiting for the results on the production run.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks great! I think this also offers a perfect opportunity to test the recovery efficiency of a zook by saving the tails and running them again through your original setup to see if there were any losses. Or by running the original setup first then the tails through the zook.
Good luck.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a ingenious simple idea now you've given me some inspiration on something similar now I got to try with my sniper now just ? how many gph is your electric pump your using?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread