E-Z sluice, set up and riffel removal

GullMann

Tenderfoot
Apr 4, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, just received my new EZ sluice, but came with no instructions.Apparently the sluice can be bought with and without these.. I find the riffels to be hard to remove and install when cleaning out... Anyone with experience out there? Tips and tricks are welcome!

A pdf of the original instructions would be great....

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just spread the sides of the sluiçe a little, the riffles will pop out of the side holes. Easy to snap back in. This is for a plastic model only.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At first I thought my EZ sluice looked like a toy. I did come to appreciate it until a riffle set blew down stream. Now I think of it as a toy again compared to the Bazooka!

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
I would suggest YouTube. A lot of videos on how to setup. I have the ez sluice with the aluminum flare. It's a light weight sluice to take along back packing. Not a real serious sluice. The bazooka gold traps are real easy to setup and are a lot more forgiving.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
20140308_082419.jpg here is my favorite EZ sluice shot but do yourself a favor and get a Bazooka sniper

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
I have played with the ez sluice , a Jobe stream sluice, a mini gold grabber and a bazooka gold trap. The bazooka is easier to setup.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Small but plenty lol 20140308_095651.jpg

Featherdfishead

Apr 4, 2014
Callahan-ScottValley-Salmon River, Ca
Detector(s) used
Primarily Minelab SDC 2300
and Gold Bug Pro with NEL Sharpshooter, Grey Ghost Phones, an EzSluice, a good Pan, various Diggn Tools, and a Good'Ol Dog or Two
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Never used a bazooka before but i love my EZ Sluice when working small streams i pack into. Spread them sides and dont be bashful I've used mine for 2 yrs even in snowy streams and the plastic hasnt broke when bent or pried apart. If you get the flare i'd recommend sealing it with Aquaseal because the wing nuts that attach it still allow it to fold up. Only had to aqua seal it once also - tough stuff i use on everything that gets wet
AjR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread