tried a new area but no gold .....wish there was market for garnet!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• peru water fall 005 (640x480).jpg
    peru water fall 005 (640x480).jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 103
  • peru water fall 006 (640x480).jpg
    peru water fall 006 (640x480).jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 107
  • peru water fall 007 (640x480).jpg
    peru water fall 007 (640x480).jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 96
  • peru water fall 008 (640x480).jpg
    peru water fall 008 (640x480).jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 113
  • peru water fall 009 (640x480).jpg
    peru water fall 009 (640x480).jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 100

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Still looks too cold to get very serious about getting in that water......:coffee2:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did you have a chance to break out some of that bedrock?

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah well it was cold I had A/M recon II I was running material with I didn't have time to stay to long then a freak thunder shower came along

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't I just dug around a boulder packed with gravel and ran it

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Whats the gold history in that area?

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
none that I'm aware of ..........just testing more than anything.......across the other side of the mountain which a half a mile over is a mica mine plus green tourmaline the area I was working was full of big chunks of pure white quartz......I was studying it trying to see if by chance I could find possibly with gold veins in it a lot iron spots too literally orange iron water coming out of some rocks but the area around him gold has been found ..........he was telling me stories I guess years ago (he's a logger and cuts on his own property only) that him and his father use to come across boulders with dark colored quartz crystal ceptors some close 6" long he owns 200 aces this one of many streams on his land just waiting for the trails to dry up some heavy mud and clay right now but his layer of land he's right in the middle of a great big valley with deep rivines all around not a lot of black sand traces more than anything but I think there's potential for sure

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Garnets a good sign. If theres a lot of garnet. I always find gold. But alway"s very fine gold.And its usually on the hardpan or clay layer.And usually not a lot of black sand. I think the garnets are the black sands. In our neck of the woods. Thought I might see you at the CMP meeting. Your a new member. Right

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah it was hard all right just wished I had more time and that we had fast moving thunderstom coming through and you never know with them things I could be singing you light up life LOL!

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would give it another try. Should at least good for some flour gold.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh I I'm not giving up when I get a day so I get in early I'm going to set up my gold hog mini then that will the test set up my 2" dredge and have at it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread