Denver Open Invite

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Hey all just thought id extend a hand to get some yellah!
Ill be at arapahoe bar off of youngsfield st on clear creek. The gold is pretty good here and the river is just low enough to sluice.
Ill be digging from noon on, if anyone wants to come play!
Heres a 2 hour dig from 3 weeks ago
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431719516.317165.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your results may vary!

Seriously, go dig with GG, he works HARD!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ill be at arapahoe bar off of youngsfield st on clear creek. The gold is pretty good here and the river is just low enough to sluice.
View attachment 1161671

I hope you did well and some other guys showed up. Fridays are often difficult but I hope to be up there soon. I am expecting pictures. :)

Mountain gold

May 20, 2015
Arvada Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
View attachment 1161671

I have Thursdays and Fridays off and plan to sluice there often this summer. Maybe we can coordinate a day sometime. Let me know. Do you usually go on Fridays?

Mountain gold

Mountain gold

May 20, 2015
Arvada Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am fortunate, if I took my time and stopped by the gas station for a cold drink it would take me MAYBE 15 minutes to get th the spot he is talking about. This is my go to spot. Couldn't get out that much last summer but this summer I'll be out there at least once a week. Especially since I just ordered a Bazooka sluice......

Time to go slucing........

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OK, what is the water like now? Last weekend, we skirted Denver to go to Steamboat. All the waterways were filled to the brim. We have had more rain and hail in Colorado Springs this week. How is the Denver area? Anybody been out? Grizzly? (I figure no one gets out like you do, in all sorts of weather and water). :)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been out twice on two different smaller creek areas and water levels have been fine. Dunno about the bigger waterways but I bet all this rain has water levels high still in many places.

However, you can count on runnable material at Big Bend even when the water is high. You'll just be setting up at a higher point on the bar. Just remember the best gold there is usually in the top 6-8 inches.

Mountain gold

May 20, 2015
Arvada Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds right, I haven't been out yet (my bazooka shipped today and I'll bee out if it gets here by Friday). Can't wait to start digging.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds right, I haven't been out yet (my bazooka shipped today and I'll bee out if it gets here by Friday). Can't wait to start digging.

So, have you been out yet? Remember, without pictures, it didn't happen (to quote another member here). :)

Mountain gold

May 20, 2015
Arvada Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok Dave, I did get to go out. If you look at my profile picture it was taken on the very spot last year but thanks to all the rain this year it's a raging river comparatively. I couldn't cross to get to my normal spot but I was determined to run some dirt through sluice even if it wasn't gold bearing dirt I was still going to run some dirt through. The only place I could find to set up my sluice was right on the bank in some roots that extended a little into the water. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435136003.209850.jpg

This was not optimal, the water surged a lot so the top of my sluice was dry then a rush of water would clear any dirt I put on it in about a second then it was dry again. On top of that I couldn't go get dirt from my favorite spot,i could only dig at the bank beside my sluice (below the water line).
I was there for maybe an hour but when I cleaned up at home this is what I got... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1435136318.331072.jpg
Needless to say I was shocked. I think I'm going to like my Bazooka!!!

Gerald AKA mountain gold

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice gold, there, Gerald, but the first thing that hit me was the perfect symmetry of the rock on top of your Bazooka! Given the white water there, you needed something heavy to keep that sluice from floating off, but the roundness of that rock almost makes it look artificial.

The gold has some great character to it, not just little specs beaten down. For an hour, that is real nice!! Like they say, gold is where you find it!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Dave

Mountain gold

May 20, 2015
Arvada Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That rock it's probably still there, if you like it I can pick it up for you the next time I'm there. :) or better yet I'll take you right to it.

Gerald

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Boy, that was a real variation in the water level! However, as you saw, the Bazooka still catches gold in those type conditions. I would not think any other sluice would be workable in that situation.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That rock it's probably still there, if you like it I can pick it up for you the next time I'm there. :) or better yet I'll take you right to it.

Gerald

I'll bet it is! As much water as you have there in the creek, I doubt it'll move that round rock very far. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions