bazooka sluice

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sweet! Shovel faster!

CO2

Sep 20, 2015
approx 1 mile high
Detector(s) used
12' corrugated plastic drainpipe, BGT Pro. 30
Primary Interest:
Other
The advantage of US 3 and 5 cent silver coins ^^^ is that A. they are US coins, and B. 21st-century US citizens have no idea how small they are. If you really want to spend some money, the original gold dollar is only 13 mm diameter.

CO2

Sep 20, 2015
approx 1 mile high
Detector(s) used
12' corrugated plastic drainpipe, BGT Pro. 30
Primary Interest:
Other
I've never seen those before! Cool.

With some exceptions, the United States has produced coins for circulation in denominations $0.005 Cu, $0.01 Cu/Zn+Cu, $0.02 Cu, $0.03 Ag/CuNi, $0.05 Ag/CuNi, $0.10 Ag/CuNi, $0.20 Ag, $0.25 Ag/CuNi, $0.50 Ag/CuNi, $1.00 Ag-domestic/Ag-trade/Au/CuNi/CuMn, $2.50 Au, $3.00 Au, $4.00 Au, $5.00 Au, $10.00 Au, $20.00 Au, and $50.00 Au. Give 'em a lookup.

The half-dime 5-cent silver coin was the very first coin the United States ever officially struck (in 1792). Of course the smallest US circulation coins (fractional gold tokens not included) were the 1-dollar gold, 3-cent silver, 5-cent silver coins at 13 mm, 14 mm, and 15.5 mm, respectively. The 3-cent copper-nickel coins were the same size as the modern dime at 17.9 mm, and of course the modern cent pegs in at 19 mm.

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love it! :hello2:
I'll be looking for a metal one!

I just ordered a 24" Sniper yesterday.
Can't wait to get it. I feel that is going to be a Prospecting MACHINE!
Far better than prospecting/sampling with just a pan and a classifier.

Now we just need water here in So Cal. so I can use it :sadsmiley:

So Cal should have enough water now

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a short video I made on that first day to show you what the conditions were like, and I still got gold.

I'm still chomping at the bit for my zooka and watching your video instills me with buyers confidence. It is amazing how forgiving the Bazooka Gold Traps can be. A raised riffle sluice under these conditions would most likely get blown out or locked up.

Mountain gold

May 20, 2015
Arvada Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm glad my video could help you decide, since I did this video I've purchased a second BGT this time a 30" prospector. I'm sure you will love the BGT, they really are forgiving and they get the gold!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread