Bazooka Prospector 36 Review

antony

Jul 18, 2015
Thessaloniki
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bazooka Prospector 36'' Review

Hi! I tried my new Bazooka Prospector 36'' today for the first time.

This is by far the best sluice I've ever had! No classifying, fast sluice, cleaning is really fast and it catches fine gold as well. I have a few pics below from my today's setup.

Bazooka 1.jpg

Bazooka 2.jpg

You just dump your material to the sluice really fast, and it works just fine. On the first 1-2 buckets I also checked the pile of material at the end so I can see what I'm loosing and if I'm loosing anything. I found nothing. Then, after 6-7 buckets, I cleaned it in 1minute just by putting the entire sluice inside my bucket. It cleans really fast. I found a few specks or gold, really fine, but this is what I find on this river anyway. :3barsgold:

gold from Bazooka.jpg

I'm really excited to use it again tomorrow! Best sluice I've ever had.

cheers.

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!

Happy to see another miner join the fold.
Best all around sluice to ever hit the market!

GG~

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bazooka Prospector 36'' Review

Congrats on choosing the best sluice available today, getting gold your first time out with it and welcome to tnet. Great to have someone from Greece on here!

IdahoJake

Oct 9, 2013
Clarkston, WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's only one thing better for a prospector to own than a BGT...and, that's owning 2 BGT's!

I was skeptical when I bought my first BGT (a 36" Prospector). But the skepticism in me turned to advocate on my first cleanup when I saw all of the ultra fine gold collected in the trap! I've been sold on these ever since. So I bought a 30" sniper also to use in lower water flows.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad to have you here on Treasure Net! Nice looking gold for a first day out...shoot nice looking gold, period. Great to have some Greek gold here. Please share any future pictures you take.

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Whites GoldMaster e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking at the BGT prospector. What's the difference between regular or big "grizzlies "?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The big grizzlies are a thicker gauge of wire which gives more durability. I had the regular grizzly on my first Bazooka and over the first few hundred hours of use they bent a bit...still worked great but yeah. The big Grizzlies are also just slightly wider between the bars but not enough to matter I don't think.

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks dude

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was also considering weather or not to go big on the grizzly bars. Think I will go big. Don't want any bending issues down the road.

cpomike13

Jul 11, 2015
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Whites SST
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I saw, when ordering, if you pick big bars, it's only available in "heavy" body, not regular body. They say it weighs 10-12 pounds. But they don't say if that's the 10-12 pds.

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I believe my keene a52 is around 11-12 lbs and my 36" prospector with the thicker abs and bigger grizzlies weighs a few pounds more than the keene, I want to say I saw 14lbs on the shipping weight but I'm not positive on that. I haven't weighed them but I can later and let you know. It wont be super accurate though cuz all i have is a bath scale and ill have to hold each to get the weight lol. For the size I think you can't really go wrong getting the heavier duty one. I have it setup on a game backpack but I probably wouldn't want to hike it anywhere real far. I got the sniper for hiking into more remote areas.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We can do a regular weight big grizz.....I carry my regular prospector pretty damn far...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread