OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I am not sure who said you can see gold on the bazookas skid plate before the gtizzly bars. I replied saying I have never really looked before for gold there, well in the last 2 trip I have gone out I have been looking for gold stuck to the skid plate, well I have see several pieces stuck, so I am not sure if I need to continue with me project. But I am sure it wouldn't hurt to finish my project just to see if it works

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It would be a little more permanent but you could take a soldering iron to a spot on the skid plate and make a few riffles that could catch gold, that would eliminate gold getting trapped underneath any type of matting and wouldn't stick up causing reduced water flow to the grizzlies. I'm in your same area up here in paradise and I probably just haven't found big enough gold to have it stick to the skid plate but every time I've pulled the dang thing outa the water there's been gold in the trap :D.

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ca gold hunter I am not sure if you have seen the pictures of what I got made(in previous comments) but they just need matting a fit firmly into sluice. Also since you are from paradise, you might be interested in attending the monthly meeting of the NORTH VALLEY PROSPECTORS, it's a local prospecting club. We meet at the paradise dive center on skyway on the first Monday of each month at 7 pm

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ya I was hearing about that club up here. I joined the paradise ridge diggers a few months ago. Do you guys do a lot of outings every month? What fees are there to join?

OP
OP
b.jmining530

b.jmining530

Mar 15, 2014
Oroville Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We are working on doing more outings as a club, it's 25 a year , currently working on getting a claim.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread