Washington sluice Regs.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I ended up speaking to Pat at the Wdfw. He's the guy that interoperates the rules in the Washington State Placer mining I guess theres a pamphlet:dontknow:.
he was actually a nice guy and helpful with a bit of a sense of humor even. He was very positive in regards to guys digging. And didn't have anything negative to say.
Interesting how whenever you call an agency with questions you normally hang up the phone with less answers. I'm not going to put into words here what he told me as the word " opinion" was used so If anyone has any questions P.M. me but, please any of you that are Washington bazooka owners please share your knowledge.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For a Bazooka type system I would consider the trap as the riffle area since the rest is just slick plate.
Imagine having a 3sq' fluid bed, now that monster could be a unit fed by an excavator :notworthy:

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, I have the rules. I just wanted the boots on the ground insight. Pat said something to the effect of " it doesn't have riffles ....the definition of a sluice was a trough for recovering gold lined with riffles.....so a bazooka isn't really a sluice by our definition;) "....Like I said some interesting things were mentioned that I won't put in print my self...he did say I guess there was no bazooka last time we amended the rules.

OP
OP
Goldwasher

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you Mike ....though he only considered the bottom of the trap.. not sides and agreed that on a Keene you wouldn't count the flare so on bazooka it would only be the trap.

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd call the bazooka a sluice. The trap is really just one big hydraulic riffle. But not even the biggest bazooka has a trap bigger than 3 sq ft (I think).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread