Bazooka sniper 36"

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I only clean out when I'm done or I'm doing a sample, but that's only ever been about 5 hours max. Either the bazooka instructions or KevinInColorado ( can't remember but they're pretty much the same thing) said to run it until the trap is hard packed. That usually means as long as you want unless there's a lot of clay or black sand.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I too run it as flat as water allows and don't do a clean up tell im through with my sample or my back is toast.:icon_thumright:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I only clean out when I'm done or I'm doing a sample, but that's only ever been about 5 hours max. Either the bazooka instructions or KevinInColorado ( can't remember but they're pretty much the same thing) said to run it until the trap is hard packed. That usually means as long as you want unless there's a lot of clay or black sand.

Thanks for the shout out! I clean mine out if it gets hard packed (usually due to marginal water flow really) or when I just need a break from shoveling...that's my usual reason!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What Jesse said are the parameters. If you have flow its working.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold-N-Sand X-Stream Pro, super mini, super prospector bazooka gold trap sluice's, Thompson 12v Drywasher, royal highbanker, and blue bowl.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
nothing beats first hand knowledge, take it out and play around with it at all kinds of speeds and angles you will find your sweet spot then hit it like a fright train that little thing will out perform most standard sluices twice its size and is ten times more forgiving I love mine. good luck and heavy pans

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water velocity is what controls how I angle mine. I like to set mine where the grizzly bars just barely clear themselves or need a bit of assistance from me.

As far as how long between clean outs....I actually played with this last Monday on my "36 Prospector. My first run I did 9 buckets and then cleaned. Dumping straight into the pan was a bit of a headache and there was still a lot of larger rocks that made it passed the bars. Second run I did 10 buckets then dumped into a bucket, classified through a 1/4 screen right into the pan. Made life a lot easier doing that and still panable.

Then I did a 12 bucket run. Dumped into a bucked, classified through "1/4 screen right into pan......more black sand that was panable. So I panned to just get to the big stuff, then the rest of the cons with into a container for later.

Your area will have a lot to do with how much you run before you clean out. But for me about 10 buckets is the point where I can still pan it effectively without having black sand spilling out over the edge in piles.

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm using a 24" Sniper and for my first time out I shot for getting the proverbial "V" as my starting point for Water Velocity.
WP_20150728_006.jpg

Seemed to work OK.
Grizzlies cleared themselves OK with a little help from time to time.
Don't know if I lost anything (but probably did).
Fluid bed was not as "fluid" as I thought it should be, but I did feel movement around the the Tubes themselves.
And that probably allowed for some loss of fines.

Next time I will allow a little more time for set-up as far as making up water diversion walls etc to increase flow.
I know this defeats the purpose of the Sniper as a sampling tool, being able to drop it in, run some material and move on.
But it is what it is...a drought.

Good luck and please let us all know how you did.
G

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm using a 24" Sniper and for my first time out I shot for getting the proverbial "V" as my starting point for Water Velocity.
View attachment 1228709

Seemed to work OK.
Grizzlies cleared themselves OK with a little help from time to time.
Don't know if I lost anything (but probably did).
Fluid bed was not as "fluid" as I thought it should be, but I did feel movement around the the Tubes themselves.
And that probably allowed for some loss of fines.

Next time I will allow a little more time for set-up as far as making up water diversion walls etc to increase flow.
I know this defeats the purpose of the Sniper as a sampling tool, being able to drop it in, run some material and move on.
But it is what it is...a drought.

Good luck and please let us all know how you did.
G

Your only going to feel gravel..as long as its loose your fine...who cares what you might of lost what did you find?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bazooka sniper 36"

Your setup actually looks fairly ideal. Nice first time setup!

Btw the V is not important with this sluice.

blynch35

Sep 6, 2012
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thats the same way i run mine with lower water levels and i get -100 gold every time

Bronze

Jun 21, 2013
Everett WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro, Keene "3 dredge, Jobe yellow jacket, "36 Prospector Bazooka, a shovel, a pan and a worn out back.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im catching stuff so small with mine that its almost hard to see.

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Your setup actually looks fairly ideal. Nice first time setup!

Btw the V is not important with this sluice.

Great set, if you were running a Keene a-52, that V would be ideal! With the zook, you can slam way more water thru it!! Always remember, bazookas (sniper and up) are "production" sluices. That being said, feed that Monster!! Happy Halloween!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread