CO2

Sep 20, 2015
approx 1 mile high
Detector(s) used
12' corrugated plastic drainpipe, BGT Pro. 30
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, well said CO2!

Thanks, but I am still interested in performance differences between the two Prospector models; comparing flour recovery and water flow requirements, etc.

Nevertheless, I feel I did the $244.20 worth of research (including shipping) and I'm confident I'll be orders of magnitude happier with the BGT Pro. 30" than with the 12' corrugated plastic drainpipe I was running last year.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The prospector is a great gold catcher. I have both the prospector and a supermini and a sniper that Goldwasher is testing out for me. I have used both the prospector and the supermini at the same place only the situations were different and each had its advantages at that site. The distance between where I set them both up was only 20' apart but the difference in how the area was constructed made for the best operation of both. If you have two different sizes of bazookas great. Goldog says it best "any bazooka is a good Bazooka". Good luck to you and may you catch much gold in your new sluice. Here is a pic of the take with the supermini after three hours in the above described situation.

IMG_5453.JPG

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking loaded Mojo!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Au. I got that from the spot you recommended and it has paid well over time. Been doing well on the opposite bank too with a pan only.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome! That's a great spot for sure! No flow for 6 days a week next month!!!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just curious.....Has anyone who has more than one bazooka, or has friends with a different model, checked to see if the size of the holes in the tubes are the same from model to model?

The total height varies from model to model (mini, sniper, etc.) so, along with a probable tube size increase (mini to sniper and larger?) and the number of tubes used, it makes sense to me that the hole size may also vary to insure that injected water penetrates closer to the bottoms of the deeper chambers.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are not all the same

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, but I am still interested in performance differences between the two Prospector models; comparing flour recovery and water flow requirements, etc.

Nevertheless, I feel I did the $244.20 worth of research (including shipping) and I'm confident I'll be orders of magnitude happier with the BGT Pro. 30" than with the 12' corrugated plastic drainpipe I was running last year.

Something about 30 inches in length went into a box today and will be catching a pony to Colorado shortly !!!!!

Last edited:

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rattlesnake?

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Better check that trap with a flashlight!

CO2

Sep 20, 2015
approx 1 mile high
Detector(s) used
12' corrugated plastic drainpipe, BGT Pro. 30
Primary Interest:
Other
Something about 30 inches in length went into a box today and will be catching a pony to Colorado shortly !!!!!

At first you said Utah so that didn't get my attention. But now that the comment says Colorado, I'm thinking it probably has something to do with that email I got with a tracking number earlier today... not bad considering I placed my order on Sunday :D

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang it mojo don't give it away

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At first you said Utah so that didn't get my attention. But now that the comment says Colorado, I'm thinking it probably has something to do with that email I got with a tracking number earlier today... not bad considering I placed my order on Sunday :D

Lol I edited it. Chris mentioned it was for your and I was thinking Utah for some reason....either way it's heading out today......FYI your lucky I built up a bunch of random boxes which is a rarity to have that chance..and your order came in and the box got finished...pretty quick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread