made diy bazooka mini trap sluice plans for laser cutter

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sure if you visit me in munich bavaria I recommend the oktoberfest. Beers on me for that night :-)

Take him up on it if you can Goldwasher...Octoberfest is in-sane!

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm Czechoslovakian by decent...theres less than fifty people in the USA with my last name and were all related....I will FEST the HELL out of an OCTOBERFEST:occasion14:

Master-Peter

Apr 19, 2015
near Hannover
Detector(s) used
not have
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm Czechoslovakian by decent...theres less than fifty people in the USA with my last name and were all related....I will FEST the HELL out of an OCTOBERFEST:occasion14:
Then you know the good Czech beers and might be a bit disappointed from the thin beer at the Oktoberfest. At least I consider the Czech beers to be the best in the world. :occasion14: Peter

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be fine...I drink a pretty thin beer...already......I do in fact know what a good czech beer is and do enjoy them...you probably have better prices and variety over there however......I'm sure they have to use a thin beer to avoid having to put in places for NAPS 8-)

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Nice details on your build! I have a suggestion . Instead of using Plexiglas for the top of your fluid bed , use Lexan . the Plexiglas will scratch up and your visibility will be reduced quickly where as Lexan wont!

krisf

Jul 11, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,

New person here. Does anyone still have the CNC plans for the FBS mentioned here i have a CNC and i am interested in making one

X4FRNT

Dec 5, 2019
Salisbury NC
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You could use a 3d printer to make this, much cheaper than a cnc or laser cutter. Just print the parts and assemble. Just an idea...

mofugly13

Jan 30, 2015
San Francisco, Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can print with ABS. But, in my experience the finished product is nowhere near as strong as a 'monolithic' piece bent, glued, etc. Also. A 3D printer big enough to make a bazooka would be extremely expensive. If the gcode was available I would just pay someone to laser cut it for me. I dont know if CNC laser cutters run on gcode....just guessing.

Somewhere, on my old laptop, I may have saved the attachments the the OP posted.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Its weird that both big gold trap companies went outta business. I still have my bazooka sniper but I havent used it in ages. Maybe this summer I'll dust it off.

Last few times I was having problems with it. I had dirty water flow from people digging upstream, pieces of leaves clogging the tubes and blocking stuff. Next thing you know the tubes are jam packed with silt from the water and chunks of crap and your gold is washing straight out the sluice.
It must have clogged up 6 or 7 times that day and I was cursing it. Since then I've only used my Angus sluices and never had one problem.
It's a good system as long as the water is clean, deep and fast.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its weird that both big gold trap companies went outta business. I still have my bazooka sniper but I havent used it in ages. Maybe this summer I'll dust it off.

Last few times I was having problems with it. I had dirty water flow from people digging upstream, pieces of leaves clogging the tubes and blocking stuff. Next thing you know the tubes are jam packed with silt from the water and chunks of crap and your gold is washing straight out the sluice.
It must have clogged up 6 or 7 times that day and I was cursing it. Since then I've only used my Angus sluices and never had one problem.

Actually three including Croc gold trap.

It's not weird. It is a very small market. It will never be a viable product unless two guys are making them for funzies or a company with a larger product list takes over.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did it have a clear deck over the trap? I saw an imported bazooka knock off with a clear deck on it at the last GPAA gold show I went to.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did it have a clear deck over the trap? I saw an imported bazooka knock off with a clear deck on it at the last GPAA gold show I went to.

no I think thats the green mountain one I think.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Grizzly Goldtrap didn’t go out of business. Two things happened:
1. The mold for the smaller sluices broke. The margin on those models was too small to justify further investment.
2. The owner’s other business accelerated and demanded more of his time.

As a result only the largest model is still being made. Yup, that’s right, still in production! He no longer takes orders via the website. You have to email him...that way he can set your expectations on how long the wait will be. Often he has a couple-month-long waiting list.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grizzly Goldtrap didn’t go out of business. Two things happened:
1. The mold for the smaller sluices broke. The margin on those models was too small to justify further investment.
2. The owner’s other business accelerated and demanded more of his time.

As a result only the largest model is still being made. Yup, that’s right, still in production! He no longer takes orders via the website. You have to email him...that way he can set your expectations on how long the wait will be. Often he has a couple-month-long waiting list.

Pretty hard to label that a viable business. Thanks for proving my point Kevin

mofugly13

Jan 30, 2015
San Francisco, Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldwasher, is the size of the fluidizing tubes, and the diameter and pattern/number of holes in them 'proprietary' info?

Would you be willing to share that info?

:wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread