made diy bazooka mini trap sluice plans for laser cutter - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: made diy bazooka mini trap sluice plans for laser cutter

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jan 2016
    South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
    F2
    2490 times
    Prospecting
    Its weird that both big gold trap companies went outta business. I still have my bazooka sniper but I havent used it in ages. Maybe this summer I'll dust it off.

Last few times I was having problems with it. I had dirty water flow from people digging upstream, pieces of leaves clogging the tubes and blocking stuff. Next thing you know the tubes are jam packed with silt from the water and chunks of crap and your gold is washing straight out the sluice.
    It must have clogged up 6 or 7 times that day and I was cursing it. Since then I've only used my Angus sluices and never had one problem.
    It's a good system as long as the water is clean, deep and fast.
    N-Lionberger likes this.

us
    Jan 2016
    F2
    2490 times
    Prospecting
    Double post......again.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12794 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnybravo300 View Post
    Its weird that both big gold trap companies went outta business. I still have my bazooka sniper but I havent used it in ages. Maybe this summer I'll dust it off.

Last few times I was having problems with it. I had dirty water flow from people digging upstream, pieces of leaves clogging the tubes and blocking stuff. Next thing you know the tubes are jam packed with silt from the water and chunks of crap and your gold is washing straight out the sluice.
    It must have clogged up 6 or 7 times that day and I was cursing it. Since then I've only used my Angus sluices and never had one problem.
    Actually three including Croc gold trap.

It's not weird. It is a very small market. It will never be a viable product unless two guys are making them for funzies or a company with a larger product list takes over.

us
    Jan 2016
    F2
    2490 times
    Prospecting
    Oh I never heard of croc. They were gone so fast!
    Goldwasher likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    12794 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Oh I never heard of croc. They were gone so fast!
    exact copy of bazooka made from cnc parts made in Australia

us
    Mine President, XPBC, XGIH, GDR, stamp mill operator, snuffer bottle owner/operator.

Dec 2013
    Arcata, California
    Fisher 1212-x Fisher Gold Bug 2 Whites 4900/SP3 Dowsing rods
    1042 times
    Prospecting
    Did it have a clear deck over the trap? I saw an imported bazooka knock off with a clear deck on it at the last GPAA gold show I went to.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    12794 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by N-Lionberger View Post
    Did it have a clear deck over the trap? I saw an imported bazooka knock off with a clear deck on it at the last GPAA gold show I went to.
    no I think thats the green mountain one I think.

us
    Author of a book about finding gold in Colorado

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    11084 times
    Prospecting

made diy bazooka mini trap sluice plans for laser cutter

Grizzly Goldtrap didnít go out of business. Two things happened:
    1. The mold for the smaller sluices broke. The margin on those models was too small to justify further investment.
    2. The ownerís other business accelerated and demanded more of his time.

As a result only the largest model is still being made. Yup, thatís right, still in production! He no longer takes orders via the website. You have to email him...that way he can set your expectations on how long the wait will be. Often he has a couple-month-long waiting list.
    arizau likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    12794 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinInColorado View Post
    Grizzly Goldtrap didn’t go out of business. Two things happened:
    1. The mold for the smaller sluices broke. The margin on those models was too small to justify further investment.
    2. The owner’s other business accelerated and demanded more of his time.

As a result only the largest model is still being made. Yup, that’s right, still in production! He no longer takes orders via the website. You have to email him...that way he can set your expectations on how long the wait will be. Often he has a couple-month-long waiting list.

Pretty hard to label that a viable business. Thanks for proving my point Kevin

us
    Jan 2015
    San Francisco, Ca
    180 times
    Prospecting
    Goldwasher, is the size of the fluidizing tubes, and the diameter and pattern/number of holes in them 'proprietary' info?

Would you be willing to share that info?

Goldwasher likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    12794 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by mofugly13 View Post
    Goldwasher, is the size of the fluidizing tubes, and the diameter and pattern/number of holes in them 'proprietary' info?

Would you be willing to share that info?

no there is no patent and that wasn't part of the patent anyway.

Twelve holes per tube. Six were like 3/16 six were bigger brain fart on actual size.. like 5/16

Bigger holes closer to the output end.

My opinion is that there is a range that will work. It will be hard to get organic creek/river flow to be too much in most situations.

Water through holes in tubes that are not too close to far from the floor of the trap.

It takes a lot of exchange to get gold out of the trap once its in. It's the gangue your trying to keep active and exchanging. The gold takes care of itself.
    KevinInColorado likes this.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with Banker on top, Bazooka Goldtrap sluices, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    11084 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    Pretty hard to label that a viable business. Thanks for proving my point Kevin
    Whatever. You remain consistent in your negative attitude toward me. Puzzling considering how much I personally helped promote the Bazooka here in its early days.

My only point is to help folks by highlighting that you can still buy a well designed fluidbed if you want to. Peace.
    Goodyguy likes this.

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    12794 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Whatever. You remain consistent in your negative attitude toward me. Puzzling considering how much I personally helped promote the Bazooka here in its early days.

My only point is to help folks by highlighting that you can still buy a well designed fluidbed if you want to. Peace.
    I wasn't being negative towards you Kevin. You really did prove my point. If GGT was viable. it wouldn't have been sidelined due to the issues you mentioned.

With parts. cut one guy can make multiple boxes a day..

The situation as is . Is due to lack of demand. Not you, not Dennis not me.

Neither the website or the FB page say you can contact GGT to place an order.

GGT has 771 likes. On fb. Bazooka never hi 1K Gold rush nugget bucket has 18k

Shows that the lazy..give me easy gold widget is what people really want.

Not to shovel more. We all know they don't want to wait months for sluice boxes.

As far as my time at bazooka that was not during the early days . I was out using and promoting at that point too.

I came on board when Todd needed help. You never personally helped me do anything

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    11084 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwasher View Post
    I wasn't being negative towards you Kevin. You really did prove my point. If GGT was viable. it wouldn't have been sidelined due to the issues you mentioned.

With parts. cut one guy can make multiple boxes a day..

The situation as is . Is due to lack of demand. Not you, not Dennis not me.

Neither the website or the FB page say you can contact GGT to place an order.

GGT has 771 likes. On fb. Bazooka never hi 1K Gold rush nugget bucket has 18k

Shows that the lazy..give me easy gold widget is what people really want.

Not to shovel more. We all know they don't want to wait months for sluice boxes.

As far as my time at bazooka that was not during the early days . I was out using and promoting at that point too.

I came on board when Todd needed help. You never personally helped me do anything
    Nope. GGT has always had more demand than he could serve, even now. I wonít go into the finances but itís enough to say his other business pays much better than building sluices. He continues to build some out of a sense of service to the prospecting community from what I can tell.

In the early days, Todd sent me two free sluices to say thanks for all of my unsolicited advocacy of his products. That should be proof enough of where I was in all this.

Not sure how I can help you from Colorado but Iíll happily step up if you see something I can do!

Apr 2014
    Tartarus Dorsa mountains
    865 times
    Stayin' alive :D
    Nope. GGT has always had more demand than he could serve, even now. I wonít go into the finances but itís enough to say his other business pays much better than building sluices. He continues to build some out of a sense of service to the prospecting community from what I can tell.

In the early days, Todd sent me two free sluices to say thanks for all of my unsolicited advocacy of his products. That should be proof enough of where I was in all this.

Not sure how I can help you from Colorado but Iíll happily step up if you see something I can do!
    write me a check?
    KevinInColorado likes this.
    Improving the world, one post at a time

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links