finally gotto try the Thomas Creek Top runner 2

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I had a chance to get out to get it out with it today and love it..........man this thing gets right down to the fines water flow was really good even 2" rocks would roll right off with ease the first clean up looked like a solid garnet bed with traces of black sand through it and the first clean up was 1 little piece of maybe 150 to almost 200 mesh fly poop gold so that was pretty cool the only negative on this sluice is clean up takes a bit compared to my angus but not having to classify is awesome my body don't hurt which is a plus!!! and if the gold is there I know it will catch it......I'm suppose to be getting a new vid camera tomorrow and I hope next weekend i'll get to do a comparison between the mackirk and the top runner 2 and get the classifier mod ready too for the mackirk and use the same spot I've been using also on the top runner 2 water flow just awesome I set it in the water or good swift current and flowed very nice very happy I'm starting to like this than dredging .............its just simple!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I sure wish Andy would be able to get the time to start making the Thomas Creek Top Runner again! Before Andy stopped making these and moved , I tried to get Andy to make up a bunch of these (TR2) and sell them at the Missouri gpaa gold show in St. Joe misery only to have the club (gpaa) I belonged to balk at this idea saying they didn't like the cut that was offered! I quit that club!

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I'm not a fan of clubs much anymore myself... the only reason I was going to see what was changed in the rules about sluicing or dredging but anyway I got my new vid camera today and I hope to take some footage of it in the stream I normally go to and if I get a minute away from work going to hook up my classifier bucket mod on the angus to see if that will work better its 1/2" so as long as my current stays good should be all set

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread