Angus Mackirk alaskan flair bucket grizzly mod!

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome build! Subscribed by the way. I cant wait to see it in action!

Edit: Where did you get that small shovel at?

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Problem I have with that is your not getting the rocks washed.
Your losing fine and possibly even some slightly courser gold.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I find that when I in a good paylayer. There"s usually a lot of clay that sticks to the rocks. And if you don"t wash the rocks. You will lose gold. Its a pain but I think its worth the trouble.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hell. Load up the grizlies, dump some water on the rocks with a shovel and scrape em off.

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well we'll find out this weekend coming up to see how it does luckily I don't have any clay in this stream to worry about but if I find I'm not seeing any gold then i'll try a bilge pump throw on spray bay system

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just do half buckets of wet material you'll be fine......if you want to test yourself...take a bucket of water have it next to your set up. Wash all you large dirty cobble in it for the day as you run. Don't worry about sluicing those now that they're clean:tongue3:. Do that all day while your digging...do it at your hole you will carry less rock that way.
After your done digging drain of the water and pan what settled to the bottom of your cobble washer bucket. pan it see what you get.....I bet you spend less time worrying about it after a day spent babysitting dirty cobble. If you hit a clay layer or false layer that is holding color just run wet buckets stir with a stick a little and run as it is you'll survive!

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah that's what I did with the the Thomas creek I had to set it up stream from where I was digging and shovel into a bucket direct and used a smaller shovel to put material right in unit............ so similar situation but yeah I understand that bigger rocks to wash off might be a pain or not get the gold from that but in my area that I'm in most of the big rocks are on top and as I get deeper the rock size comes down which is weird but anyways we'll see how we make out also wanted to add Gold Hog has a new stream sluice that will be released in the next 4 to 6 weeks and comes with 2 mat configuirations depending on the water flows

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah that's what I did with the the Thomas creek I had to set it up stream from where I was digging and shovel into a bucket direct and used a smaller shovel to put material right in unit............ so similar situation but yeah I understand that bigger rocks to wash off might be a pain or not get the gold from that but in my area that I'm in most of the big rocks are on top and as I get deeper the rock size comes down which is weird but anyways we'll see how we make out also wanted to add Gold Hog has a new stream sluice that will be released in the next 4 to 6 weeks and comes with 2 mat configuirations depending on the water flows

Finding where the rocks on the bottom get bigger again:headbang:

OP
OP
V

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I took the mackirk on her trial run today and well results weren't so great and johndoe is right the bigger rocks weren't getting washed off very good so what I had to do was I put my gold pan underneath the grizzly catching the bigger rocks and getting a pile then I'd get some water in the pan wash them out then pour the washed off material through the sluice and checked several times to see if I was losing it that way so did manga a spec or 2 but oh well as GG says looks good on paper until your in the field of actual use so I guess the only thing is to have a spray bar with a kicker rear door for the bigger rocks to go off they have washed off but had to try it there will be a situation for it some where down the road

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread