diy quicksand concentrator PRO PDF Tutorial

daniel2015

Sep 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This fluid bed thingy is really great! Just built two diy quicksand gold concentrators with household stuff and tested them. They work amazingly good! I've checked also the tailings and missed only two very very tiny micron gold particles. Btw. Im using a 12 Volt 750GPH bilge pump.
Here is a simple PDF tutorial. Don't laugh I've tried one of these painting apps on my phone to draw a quick sketch ;D

PDF Tutorial DIY Quicksand Concentrator PRO engl.

and here the same tutorial on german (with european standard names for HT pipes):
PDF Tutorial Quicksand Concentrator PRO german

dani_gold_concentrator3.jpg

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This fluid bed thingy is really great! Just built two diy quicksand gold concentrators with household stuff and tested them. They work amazingly good! I've checked also the tailings and missed only two very very tiny micron gold particles. Btw. Im using a 12 Volt 750GPH bilge pump.
Here is a simple PDF tutorial. Don't laugh I've tried one of these painting apps on my phone to draw a quick sketch ;D

PDF Tutorial DIY Quicksand Concentrator PRO engl.

and here the same tutorial on german (with european standard names for HT pipes):
PDF Tutorial Quicksand Concentrator PRO german

View attachment 1227249

At first I wondered what the dustpan was for, but I see it catches and directs your water overflow into the bucket, along with black sands and other lighter material. Are you screening (classifying) your material first? I would guess you are...to what size? Pretty small, I would think since your gold is small.

Where in Germany are you? I am curious since I did some gold washing in Germany 25 years ago. I was working near Goldkronach and Goldmuhle in Bavaria.

OP
OP
daniel2015

daniel2015

Sep 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@GoldpannerDave yes Im classifying to Mesh 8 and it works great! Near munich in Bavaria :-)
Right now Im thinking about building a much bigger concentrator to push 6 to 8 cubic meter sand through it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions