Bazooka Goldtrap out of business? Really no Black Friday discount?

daniel2015

Sep 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys do you have a email address from the Bazooka Gold Trap Company?

Just wanted to order a Bazooka Gold Trap Prospector 36" and asked them if they offer some sort of discount for Black Friday / Cyber Monday. A couple of days ago I've contacted them through their contact form and facebook but didn't get any answer. I couldn't find a direct email address on their page either. Also it seems like their homepage isn't updated since "May 2014". Are they out of business - maybe they are on vacation? I don't want to send money through paypal without getting in contact first.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got your email message yesterday morning...Its a very busy time of year here on a personal and business level. It was a little late to let you know there was no Black Friday sale..... Contrary to what people may think there is not a large margin on sluice boxes...EVER and its gonna be cosmetic defects that get discounted. I'm not building these days though I'm a rep and tech support. The shop is slammed with orders several large distributer orders.. Bazookas are made to order and everyone is buried by that and we all live a rural lifestyle there is a lot of yard work brush burning and wood splitting and winter prep happening right now....and now that we got some water we are digging more often.....

SOOOOOO Bazooka is not out of business...just very busy......sometimes its smart not to answer the phone!! No one will be in the shop or office until Monday. The webpage is active update date doesn't mean much....just nothing to update. I will let know some messages aren't getting received.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope all the good folks at Bazooka Goldtrap get a nice break after working so hard!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The only way to get a discount (other than blemish models, when available) is to buy a used Bazooka, which are hard to find. Even then, there is not much of a price break.

Black Friday is a marketing tool. Bazooka has a great name among the gold mining community and has all the orders they can fill right now. So if you look at it logically, they don't need a Black Friday approach; they are selling out consistently and given that, why offer a discount to induce folks to buy? Makes sense to me.

Besides they help you out if you have any questions about their product, using it, field modifying it, etc. Quality folks making quality products. Besides, for the niche they fill, there are few competitors and those still have a thin profit margin, too. So why would anyone drop their prices? Like I said, Black Friday is marketing tool.

However, if you cannot find a used one, put your order in now; there is usually a backlog.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes used are at retail prices even

striker

Nov 27, 2015
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Minelab CTX 3030, Falcon Md 20, and my old Fisher detector, Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont feel bad daniel, Ive been waiting a week for a reply. And I actually payed for a sluice a week ago.

OP
OP
daniel2015

daniel2015

Sep 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info guys! Then Im not in a hurry and I will wait until summer. I thought there were some discount like on any other products these days and didn't want to miss that of course.

Mr. Gilded

Jun 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daniel, my wife and I ordered a 36" sniper over the phone and through their website. Chris was awesome and we were able to cancel the shipping by going to p/u the sluice in person. We had to wait about 2 1/2 weeks or so to get it, but it was worth the wait, we love it!

OP
OP
daniel2015

daniel2015

Sep 28, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't do that Im from europe. Therefore it's a must to have a direct contact email address or a working contact form. I saw that it had some problems because I got errors when filling in the info into the form. So I was not sure if the email went through.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't do that Im from europe. Therefore it's a must to have a direct contact email address or a working contact form. I saw that it had some problems because I got errors when filling in the info into the form. So I was not sure if the email went through.
I will let Chris know you were having issues....things get funky with international orders beyond shipping issues...your " form" is not the first that wasn't working right or submitted to some parallel cyber universe...

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Sorry, we did not know that you were in Europe. Your profile could be more explicit about your location. The Treasure Net group can respond better if we know where you are. :)

So, if you don't mind, please tell us where in Europe you are. There are posters here from Germany, England, France, Austria, Greece, Italy, Switzerland, Finland and I am sure I missed some.

Postage is going to be quite a bit; no wonder you wanted to find a discount, if possible. :)

When you get it, you are going to love it. I wish you many golden cleanups!

FlipN-Cactusland

Tenderfoot
Jan 17, 2016
NW Grand Ave. Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's GMT - still never used since '98... Duh! Working on it. Saving for a "pinpointer."
Primary Interest:
Other
(530) 621-4996 Coloma, California 95613
The Bazooka Gold Company - Home of the Original Bazooka Gold Trap

I called in late January and got Mr. Osborne on the phone. Ordered the 30" Sniper via phone call. Your shipping may entail some details he probably can address.

Why wait for the summer? If you have Spring snow-melt, get that Bazooka into the run-off water... Good Luck!

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whatever happened to the Bazooka highbanker header from bazookas video? I need one for my Prospector or plans and what sorta pump to use?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whatever happened to the Bazooka highbanker header from bazookas video? I need one for my Prospector or plans and what sorta pump to use?

You can find info on this in a couple of the other Bazooka threads.
- the company has not found a design that fits their standards so there isn't one for sale
- several folks have made high bankers setups themselves for Snipers and maybe a Prospector
- do search on Bazooka to find details

Here's a pic of mine. Built of 1/2 inch PVC, a Sniper, and a 2400 gph electric pump:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455236377.642033.jpg

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prospector 150 gpm have fun trying. When it works post a vid!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Prospector 150 gpm have fun trying. When it works post a vid!

The Sniper works fine at my 40 gpm. You do have to paw rocks off the grizzly but the fluid bed catches the gold! Going up to a Prospector would require a ton of water and I'd still have to paw at rocks...no thanks!

Last edited:

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Kevin,

I made a PVC manifold for my prospector 2 years ago but had no idea what gpm pump is needed for the fluid bed vs the main sluice? Wonder if I should use a small bilge pump? for the manifold and either WX10 or WX15 pump for the sluice? I had a spraybar with 4 bars from a Ca Sluice highbanker I never used but it doesn't fit the triangular shape of the bazooka sluice too well, sure would like to have that boiler box action tho? I will dust off the BAZOOKA Banker project in April after I finish version 10 of my homemade 2 inch dredge. Sometimes, homemade is just NOT the way to go....unless one doesn't mind the school of hard knocks and likes to putz around on projects....I did rivet on some attachable legs so I can use the Prospector in a deeper stream than normal if needed and no stand required.

-Tom

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Tom, the fluid bed itself doesn't take much water...it's getting enough over the Grizzlies to get the diverter working (and to reduce manual rock clearing) that takes all the water.

Beyond that, all I can say is try it out and let's continue the discussion as you see challenges and successes!

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin
Just noticed your signature has changed so I checked out your website.
Good to see you getting that ice cold gold.
Bob

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will try to take/post a photo of my Bazooka on the legs and brackets. No need for a separate stand , just bring along 4, 1/2 inch diameter x 16 inch conduit legs. PVC is too flexible. Are you telling me perhaps that a 500-750 gpm bilge pump is enough for the fluid bed? Can't hardly believe it takes 150 gpm for the sluice? Thats the minimum for a 3 inch dredge I do believe...Oh well, Feb is half over this weekend....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions