OP
OP
D

desert-rat

Nov 15, 2015
western arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ive seen a million and one tailings piles from dry washers and such. I can pretty much tell where someone as been by looking a couple hundred yards in either direction on most of these washes. hell someone pretty much got the bed rock clean enough to eat off of for about 60 ft in a wash 10 ft wide I don't figure that's going to have anything left so I didn't even mess with that one. if only I could have the D7 from home out here for a week id probably never find enough to pay for the fuel but id damn sure know where it aint and everyone one would know where id been.

OP
OP
D

desert-rat

Nov 15, 2015
western arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
DSCN1269.JPG DSCN1270.JPG DSCN1271.JPG DSCN1272.JPG DSCN1268.JPG ohhhhhhhhhhhhh-kay here she is guys. the blue line is off of the 3700 gph pump and I just recently used my old 1200 gph pump to help. with the gold hog mats the higher water flow seems to make the mats more active. ive had as many as four 50 gallon tubs all plumbed together for settling purposes but have found since I built that screen box I don't have as much problem with sediments and I did when I was using a screen basket. if you have questions or suggestions throw em out there im not going to be offended

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Love the screen box idea...well done!

OP
OP
D

desert-rat

Nov 15, 2015
western arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
if you want to make a screen box I got the punch plate stuff from lowes. its the kick plate for a screen door and then I covered it with window screen. I had to play with the angle to keep the water from running down the punch plate. the little boards on the mouth of it aren't held in place they are just my scrapers and they keep the water from going down as bad if you leave em there. ive had a couple of 5 gallon buckets worth of tailings build up on it and it held em fine. if you let the rocks build up and filter the water it keeps some of the dirt out of the water. hope that helps

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you think it there's any hint of iron in it I would get a strong magnet and see if it will stick to it ??? just my thought plus see if u can pick any of it off the quartz rock or maybe take a nice size piece and try to crush it some how cover it with a cloth and smash it with a hammer the little bit u do to find out if it is gold or not shouldn't matter what the smashed pile looks like now u know there's gold in the quartz dig more out and get the gold out as u see fit???
View attachment 1255018 View attachment 1255019
this quartz is really heavy and stays at the bottom of the pan is it iron or is it a possible gold vein inside? im leaning toward iron but any help would be great. the single piece is "goldish" is it gold or what the heck is it on the outside of that little rock?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread