BGT in deep water

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

benny

Sep 15, 2012
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for bringing that up I mentioned to say something about it. Yes under water if the input end is lifted you end up with low pressure on the deck and therefore less puss on material. As well as into the trap. Flat would be best but like I said you have cetain things working against you at the out put end of the box. Keep it out of the water as much as possible.

I understand. When the sluice is above water, gravity holds the water within the side walls, and so adds to the force pushing material through. Under water, the water running towards the trap is essentially weightless, and so when it hits an obstacle, it simply goes in whichever directions is easiest. I just figured that if the trap end was raised a little bit, then the current would be pushing down on the deck and so pushing material a bit better.

I think the BGT would work ok underwater, but would require some redesigning to work best.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451250652.293500.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions