AZ alert: Angus Forman, sluice stand/ Prospector Plus at Glendale Cabelas

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped by the bargain cave on Saturday and in the back behind the shoes I saw a returned Angus MacKirk Forman for $70. I didn't pull the tape to check condition. Right next to it was a sluice stand for $72. Walk straight in and straight to the back wall, closer to the left by the shoes. Usually they're to the right as you enter near the reloading and grill parts. Never hurts to do a full sweep.

As I wandered the store, they have an display downstairs between archery and camping with the Prospector Plus sluice stuffs (metal detectors on the other side). These appear to be knockoffs of the Angus MacKirk right down to the gray plastic used. They were all marked 1/2 off. The mini brawn I took a picture of is $35. Looking online, the prices seem to be 1/2 off so maybe in other stores as well.

I''d be interested if anyone has used the Prospector Plus stuff as to how it compares. They didn't seem to carry any of the Mackirk in store.

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jc ,I've used the Brawn pan and it is very good. It's as fast and accurate as a LeTrap pan

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok now I want to go peruse the local Cabelas, I mean bargain cave. You seriously are sending me on a wild sluice chase.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread