Ok so I went to buy a a Bazooka todau after the gold hog !

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are many factors in the cost of shipping. You've got fuel, insurance, wages and the list goes on. With the cost of everything rising except fuel we're lucky it doesn't cost more. I know running a resto shop for 20 yrs. I've paid some hefty shipping costs. Shipping car bodies in pieces get's pricey especially truck freight. I bought a 55 Chevy front end from Arizona cost me almost as much for shipping as the front end. I try to find things close to home to save on shipping.

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Goldwasher i ddon think anyone was accusing bazooka of ripping folks off. Just makes his pruducts overall price prohibitive for some of us. Not condemning them or the shipper. Its just a reality e live with.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would just pay the shipping it is what it is. And this product is worth every penny! Your back will agree with me after the first day your not hunched over your classifier.

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ordered a Bazooka January 5th, is shipped January 25th. USPS Tracking has said it is on the way to sorting facility in Diamond Springs, CA since the 26th and no updates since. I am actually a little pissed. Even at $21 for Priority 2 Day mail this is a ridiculous amount of time time to wait.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PG , I'm sure they have to do inventory , ETC this time of year ,most businesses slow down periodically . Your like me , we can't wait to see something we want get here , but if it's been shippied its out of their hands . I don't bother with the priority shipping on things anymore , because I find they don't show up any quicker than the regular shipping . JMHO

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember not too long ago when you oredred something it always came with the 6 to 8 week for delivery disclaimer. I still think Todd should enact this disclaimer. But, sometimes people get lucky and get their box in a couple weeks. Your wait from order day to on the truck is about average. Every box is made to order there is no way to have an on the shelf inentory. Everytime extra boxed end up on the shelf murphys law kicks in and those models don't sell for weeks. Then someone orders and they get their box in a week thats just the way it goes. Usps won't tell you this but, they don't exist around here on weekends, fed ex does ups does but it costs.We have had a ton of rain and there fore a ton of snow weather between here and Colorado has been pretty heavy. Theres not much that can be done on Bazookas end once its on the brown truck. If you ordered when you had twenty boxes on order infront of yours you had more of a wait. It's been that way for a long time. you have proof that the box was at the hub Wednesday and you didn't get it in twodays as paid i would be griping at the post office.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PG , I'm sure they have to do inventory , ETC this time of year ,most businesses slow down periodically . Your like me , we can't wait to see something we want get here , but if it's been shippied its out of their hands . I don't bother with the priority shipping on things anymore , because I find they don't show up any quicker than the regular shipping . JMHO
Pre Christmas to early summer is the busiest time of year. sometimes ther are distributer orders going to Australia etc. with ten or more boxes at a time. The shop is slammed. Right now is digging season for many of the more serious prospectors in the foothills. There is no inventory other than materials. My buddy wanted to buy one just yesterday I told him I could get him inline, he ended up finding one at the hardware store. I told him he was better off getting it there!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glad I was able to pick mine up from Todd himself in Placerville.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Made fresh to order......

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok , I'm stoked , I just scored a 30" sniper off ebay for 127.50 with 12.00 shipping . It's only been used four times , and looks clean , not to clean , I hope . LOL Sorry if I took it from another member , but all is fair in love and war . I love all you guys on hear for being so helpful .

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Update, I'd like to express how rad Chris is at the Bazooka Gold Co for leaving me a voicemail on Sunday letting me know that there's been some sort of holdup with USPS and that he'll call them and me on Monday.

Last edited:

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
Pre Christmas to early summer is the busiest time of year. sometimes ther are distributer orders going to Australia etc. with ten or more boxes at a time. The shop is slammed. Right now is digging season for many of the more serious prospectors in the foothills. There is no inventory other than materials. My buddy wanted to buy one just yesterday I told him I could get him inline, he ended up finding one at the hardware store. I told him he was better off getting it there!
yeah.. just found someone who sells them over here via ebay...cost A$ 320 for the 30" sniper...my poormans homemade one works pretty well, maybe get one in the future

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad I was able to pick mine up from Todd himself in Placerville.

I did the same, I had selected 2 day or overnight shipping or something but I had a feeling it wasn't going to happen so I called and sure enough Todd informed me it wasn't ready yet but told me I could pick it up tomorrow if I wanted. Being I needed it for the weekend I shot up that Friday and grabbed it on the way. Todd was super nice, we bs'ed for quite a while, I got to see my zook receive its final touches while we talked.. It was nice that he was able to accommodate my situation and I was catching gold with it the next day:icon_thumleft:

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok , I'm stoked , I just scored a 30" sniper off ebay for 127.50 with 12.00 shipping . It's only been used four times , and looks clean , not to clean , I hope . LOL Sorry if I took it from another member , but all is fair in love and war . I love all you guys on hear for being so helpful .

Way to go!! Sometimes, if you look, you can find a great deal. Someone else apparently did not appreciate having a Bazooka Gold Trap sluice.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should be be good to go . I got the bazooka 30" sniper , the Gold Hog stream sluice and the Gold Hog multi sluice consentrator on the way , look out Gold here I come ! Woot Woot !!! Maybe I'll find like 5.00 bucks worth this coming summer .

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I should be be good to go . I got the bazooka 30" sniper , the Gold Hog stream sluice and the Gold Hog multi sluice consentrator on the way , look out Gold here I come ! Woot Woot !!! Maybe I'll find like 5.00 bucks worth this coming summer .

Well, I don't know about Rhode Island, but if you were in Colorado, you'd get at least that much every outing with the Sniper or the Gold Hog equipment. I suspect you'll do just fine. May each cleanup be glorious & golden.

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just an FYI for those ordering BGTs... They're almost always "behind" on orders. They're all hand cut, hand glued, all hand made. I went in, in person, to order one once and was told it would still take 2+ weeks to get MINE. Why? Because they're in such high demand that they have orders to fill. So, while they may have peoples orders, they may not get them made, or have them in stock, to ship them out in the next 2-3 business days. With BGT.. I think its a waiting game... One that apparently seems to be worth it XD

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good score Motohed, congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread