Ok so I went to buy a a Bazooka todau after the gold hog !

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok , So I'm in a buying mood today for the spring time Gold Rush , which for me will be in the New England states . I figure , I'll buy a 36" Sniper for the 165.00 no biggy right . I hit the check out now button , up pops 48.95 shipping for priority and 90.00 Plus for some other special shipping . I cancelled the order , I figured I only paid 24.00 bucks to have the Gold Hog shipped , with a lot more in the sluice kit . Can anyone tell me why the shipping would be 35 to 40 % of the retail price . I'm not trying to start a War or even a Rant . I was just wondering if there is something wrong with the site or if thats the going rate .:dontknow:

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I emailed them , I guess that's their correct shipping price is 48.95 . I realize they are a Tnet sponsor , but it was only 24.00 bucks shipping for the Gold Hog .48.95 is just to rich for me , for a 165.00 product so I'll have pass . JMHO :BangHead:

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moderator , please lock the thread I don't want it to get out of hand thanks

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's weird because I just bought the 30" Sniper and the shipping was $21. Still haven't gotten it though and I'm a bit frustrated.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can understand the waiting , I would have paid 28.00 bucks maybe 30 but that's where I draw the line . I'm sure your new toy will be along soon . Think about it being a bill and it will be here tomorrow ! LOL

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Priority shipping is expensive. Is the gold hog shipping priority. The price of shipping makes it so you don"t want to buy anything.Also the bazooka is twice the distance .But I know what you mean. Ouch

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Priority shipping is expensive. Is the gold hog shipping priority. The price of shipping makes it so you don"t want to buy anything.Also the bazooka is twice the distance .But I know what you mean. Ouch

I'm not planning on using it till May even the slowest shipping would get here by then , I would hope . There needs to be more choice on shipping IMHO .

Rockwerx

May 31, 2015
Alberta
Detector(s) used
2 ATG, ATP, JOBE 36 Yellow Jacket Stream Sluice, Jobe EZ Sluice, Garrett pans, lots of buckets!
Primary Interest:
Other
I have always been happy with regular postal service. USPS and our Canadian postal service have always got mail to our door. Unless I need something ASAP I would ask a seller to just use regular mail as it is a lot cheaper.

Last edited:

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the post office estimated charges. I typed in New Hampshire and came up with the $48 and then here in California and it came up $14, so call them and order it over the phone, plus tell them what happened.

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the post office estimated charges. I typed in New Hampshire and came up with the $48 and then here in California and it came up $14, so call them and order it over the phone, plus tell them what happened.

I'm in Rhode Island right on the coast 5 miles from the ocean , I would do snail mail on it , if it was reasonable . It's the princable , not that I afford it . I just can't see that much money in it . I really what one , I was just shocked at the shipping price . Maybe I'll check some of their dealers and see whats out there .

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Postal fees just went way up for out of zone shipping.
GoldHog is in the same zone as you 8. Bazooka is zone 2 so the shipping is a lot higher.

North-South =inexpensive
East-West=stupidly expensive

See the zone map

Same $14 price from Gander, Maine to New Orleans, Louisiana but four times more to go the same distance from New Orleans to California foothills.

You could move to California and get your Bazooka shipped for $14 dollars but GoldHog would have to charge you $48. :BangHead:

Nobody is ripping you off for shipping but the postal service.

Heavy Pans

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shipping is generated on its own it has nothing to do with Bazooka. There is no control over it. You could call Chris and see if fed ex or ups is cheaper. It's been suggested like three times now. NO money from shipping costs go to Bazooka.

bobw53

Oct 23, 2014
Hatch, New Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shipping is an odd duck. If you ship a LOT you can ship for darn near free, if you don't ship much, it costs. Its the companies decision weather
they pocket it, or pass it on.

Honestly, if I was the Bazooka people, I wouldn't be shipping USPS. They are never going to get a break from them.. UPS or FedEx, they will get a good
discount as volume rises. If a BGT fit in a flat rate box... Fine. Go USPS, the flat rate box is fantastic, but it has to fit in the box.

I got a 100lb box yesterday, 2x2x4 feet, out of California, $7 shipping. McMaster Carr, overnight everytime, I've never paid much more than $10 regardless of
the size or weight of the box.

A supplier I use out of Illinois occasionally. When he was small, shipping was expensive, always had to go with ground... Now that he's grown, 2nd day air
is cheaper than ground used to be.

I guess it all depends. If my product didn't fit in a flat rate, I wouldn't be using USPS...

I think the shipping cost is a little crazy.. They are a real company that ships pretty much everything they make... It should be cheaper.
On the other hand, if BGT has dealers or suppliers, it may be how they keep the price the same, but make it more inviting for you to buy from
the supplier or dealer. (I'm not sure how they sell, I'd love a BGT, but I'd need to have water first, so I've never looked at them that much).

OP
OP
M

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will contact them tomorrow and see if Tod will use another service for me , I get the shipping thing , I just shipped something to a guy Fedex and it was like 53.00 bucks . I was glad , I was paying . the percentage of the price just gets me . I was actually going to buy two sluices from BGT , but ugh , you know .

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
I understand... Just be glad you don't live in Alaska. Their cheap method was over $100 to me. If not for that I would probably have gone that way. Instead I went with the AM Boss II from Cabelas. Shipping was $5.00 & I had it in 3 days. Couldn't say no...
And yes Bazooka guys, I know it would have been worth it!:thumbsup:

AU_Solitude

Feb 24, 2014
Vacaville CA
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, GBII, Geo Picks & Hammers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They pop up on eBay time to time if you are that concerned with saving a buck.

AlaskaGold

Nov 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand... Just be glad you don't live in Alaska. Their cheap method was over $100 to me. If not for that I would probably have gone that way. Instead I went with the AM Boss II from Cabelas. Shipping was $5.00 & I had it in 3 days. Couldn't say no...
And yes Bazooka guys, I know it would have been worth it!:thumbsup:

I second this motion, shipping was over 100 when I tried. No zook For me!Think there are better options besides USPS.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone catch the recent article on how amazon has lost/spent millions to "keep their shipping down" someone has to pay for it. There is no flat rate box for bazooka the weight and box measurements all affect the shipping price. Chris would love shipping to be less for everyone. Especially the international shipping. Some countries pay almost as much to ship the box as the buyer pays for the box itself. Priority gets special attention Uncle Sam asks for more. You could ship freight but, for a small company like bazooka they are not going to get the 'Deals" from the freight handlers that have been mentioned. when I get fence posts and wire from home depot or certain other things I go to homedepot.com and make sure it ships free. I have bought thousands of pounds of fence material and spent a lot of money. It gets drop shipped from the midwest takes more than a week And even though it is free to me I know it isn't free to the freight company or home Depot. same online price. first time I did it i was amazed. Home depot is one of the nations largest retailors it affects their margin yet in store sells and volume allow them to do these things. Bazooka is what .00000000000000001 % the size of Home depot or amazon.
It is unfortunate that end consumers of such a wonderful hand built product have to pay for these shipping costs. The amount of the cost that goes into the packaging comes out of the wholesale price dealers get very little retail margin when they sell Bazookas there are only a few Bazooka dealers. If i sell someone a bazooka I get the same price as other dealers luckily I can pick up at the shop. The bulk of them are on the west coast. rest assured that no one is getting rich and no miners are being mined. Everyone involved with Bazooka ( most of you have more gold pans than bazooka has people) lives a pretty humble life and that is not a complaint. It is a product that is literally being produced more for pride and demand than it will ever be produced to make anyone "wealthy"!

We live in a day and age where people have way more answers than information. Don't get caught up in the whirlwind of impatience and injustice that consumers seem to have latched onto. Chris gets your box to you in the most efficient cost effective manner that he can. One thing people should be chiming in about is the fabulous customer support you get and the product garauntee. Money will literally be spent to make sure that your gold trap keeps working........But, you will have to pay shipping:tongue3:

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ship about 4-5 items a week, I ship fedex as USPS in most cases is about 50% more to any location and especially with large heavy items. It use to be the other way around but in the past few years its gone this way for whatever reason. Seems like less issues and faster as well, just wanted to share for what its worth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread