Going to California with an aching (for gold) in my heart.

Gunnin762

Mar 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings all!
Im taking a short trip to a friends wedding on May 13th and 14th and was wondering if anyone knew where i may rent sluicing equipment and go have a bit of shovel fun? Ill be in Long Beach in the morning but can rent a car and drive to where ever needed for the afternoon and possibly the next morning. I live in Colorado and would be willing to do the same in return. I don't get to Cali often and would really like to tale advantage of the current gold rush even if only for a few hours. Thanks for reading and may your pans always be colorful!

S

stefen

The San Gabriel River is a good bet...don't know about rentals tho...

Might hook up with a local...

Enjoy...

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no help, as I'm from Minnesota - though I always have to check out a thread with reference to the mighty Zep!!!
Good Luck Gunnin.........

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not a californian but after looking at google earth you would have to make quite a drive to get to any gold country.
Now with that said..... You had said your going to long beach right?.... Rent yourself a metal detector and hit that beach.

I think that is still legal in california.... hard to tell anymore with that state..

cali.jpg

S

stefen

I'm not a californian but after looking at google earth you would have to make quite a drive to get to any gold country.
Now with that said..... You had said your going to long beach right?.... Rent yourself a metal detector and hit that beach.

I think that is still legal in california.... hard to tell anymore with that state..

View attachment 1281271

Being formerly from SoCal, as I stated the San Gabriel River is a good bet and its within an hour or so drive...panning is always good here...

The best beaches are not in Long Beach but southerly in Orange County... from Seal Beach to Huntington Beach...just follow PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) which is within water's edge view...

Santa Monica Beach in LA County is also a good bet...a lot of people gather around the pier...

Water is cold this time of year and few bathers, if any...

Last edited:

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
East Fork Specifically

Make sure you buy an adventure pass before you go so you can park.

OP
OP
G

Gunnin762

Mar 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Looks like ill have to go purchase some inexpensive equipment in order to do this.

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Susanna...go dig that gold for me!

I'm a going to California with a bazooka on my knee!:laughing7:

G-bone

Dec 9, 2014
Ventura Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro w/ NEL coil.
Minelab Xterra 705,
Bazooka Snipers (24" and 30").
Royal Folding Sluice with Gold hog mats.
Thompson 12V Puffer Drywasher.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
East fork for sure.
Go straight north up the 710 to the 210 to Azuza canyon.
If Crazyforgold007 reads this, I'm sure he would help in some way.
He goes there a lot and has his own prospecting shop.
Home

Good luck (and Percy might have snickered at your reference to his song if he were on this forum)

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could look up Robert Ferguson on YouTube to get a idea on geography, and or join the East Fork Gold Prospectors on Facebook and ask if someone wants to go out with you and dig 2x dirt and split the cons.

S

stefen

Thanks. Looks like ill have to go purchase some inexpensive equipment in order to do this.

There are several places in / or near Long Beach that has what you will need...no need to haul in yur luggage...

G-Bone listed a supplier..."Home"

FYI...Azusa City got it's name...A to Z, USA...7 square miles of Rock and Gravel pits and barely any residents...

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Gunnin762

Mar 3, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all your help! Ill work on finding some equipment and a spot for the day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread