How long did it take you to receive your bazooka?

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

johngfoster

Feb 7, 2016
NW Montana
Detector(s) used
30" Prospector BGT,
Garret pans (10", 14", SuperSluice),
Home-built Gold Hog-ish Highbanker a la Raptor
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just put in an order for a 30" Prospector. Will see how long it takes to get here. Not expecting to see if for another 3 wks or so.

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just put in an order for a 30" Prospector. Will see how long it takes to get here. Not expecting to see if for another 3 wks or so.
It also depends on what time of the year you order it too. As each one is built by hand, it'll take longer if they have a ton of orders to fill. I ordered mine at the beginning of summer, so I know they were slammed then. With it being the end of summer now, they may be slowing down a bit. So you may get yours even faster. I would imagine that in the winter months, it would be no problem getting one.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
...well except for the whole Christmas gift thing ;)

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Could use a business manager. Good product very poorly run business. Can't even send a conformation when they receive an order. Add says ships 2-3 days it always more like two to three weeks. And that would be fast for them. Even products they have in stock. Not sluices other items. Very frustrating.

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^ I would imagine they lose quite a few sales due to this poor business practice. I know I would have ordered a new one if I felt I could have had in my hands in a couple of weeks....as it was, I knew their reputation and scouted around on Craigslist, ultimately settling on another system entirely...at least for now. I certainly understand not having a 50,000 ft2 warehouse stocked with BGTs in all shapes and sizes, but you'd think over time they would look at their sales history and at the very least, come up with some kind of rudimentary "just in time" inventory system. It's not like it costs a lot of money to stock sheets of ABS plastic and PVC pipe...there is really no good reason why they can't improve on this aspect of their business.

Bazooka Gold Guy 1: "Hmm, spring and summer are coming up and we always get flooded with orders. Let's start making a bunch in February."

Bazooka Gold Guy 2: "Golly, that's an awful good idea. Say, did you ever notice we also get a little spike of orders around the holidays? Heck, maybe we could make up a few in October to have ready?"

Bazooka Gold Guy 1: "Shucks, I don't know...what if they don't sell?"

Bazooka Gold Guy 2: "Well with a couple dozen sitting on the shelves, I reckon we'd be in for about $200 of raw materials...guess we just have to pray we make it to spring!"

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm just guessing here but it appears to be a demand supply issue (basic business economics) and they choose to keep the supply low so they can maintain a reasonable, in their minds, profit without the risk of loss. Even though it is a much sought after item there is still a relatively low limit of potential customers and, with the various changes of state laws, their market could shrink or disappear. Frustrating to many customers...yes, good business practice...probably. I doubt they get many complaints about the product.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^ I would imagine they lose quite a few sales due to this poor business practice. I know I would have ordered a new one if I felt I could have had in my hands in a couple of weeks....as it was, I knew their reputation and scouted around on Craigslist, ultimately settling on another system entirely...at least for now. I certainly understand not having a 50,000 ft2 warehouse stocked with BGTs in all shapes and sizes, but you'd think over time they would look at their sales history and at the very least, come up with some kind of rudimentary "just in time" inventory system. It's not like it costs a lot of money to stock sheets of ABS plastic and PVC pipe...there is really no good reason why they can't improve on this aspect of their business.

Bazooka Gold Guy 1: "Hmm, spring and summer are coming up and we always get flooded with orders. Let's start making a bunch in February."

Bazooka Gold Guy 2: "Golly, that's an awful good idea. Say, did you ever notice we also get a little spike of orders around the holidays? Heck, maybe we could make up a few in October to have ready?"

Bazooka Gold Guy 1: "Shucks, I don't know...what if they don't sell?"

Bazooka Gold Guy 2: "Well with a couple dozen sitting on the shelves, I reckon we'd be in for about $200 of raw materials...guess we just have to pray we make it to spring!"

The person who makes those decisions is the owner not the manager. He is not good at making decisions. Don't expect that to change. If it were actually up to the manager this thread would not exist.

It is a wise decision to keep an eye out on ebay for them. One day it will be one of the only places to get them. Good practice, though I would expect the price to go up once they aren't being made anymore.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
$200 in material wouldn't be many sluices. $2000 wouldn't be many completed sluices after labor & overhead. $20,000 now you're talking. With so many models available however you would still have a small amount of each sluice model. This is not a mega factory with tens of thousands of dollars to tie up. Sorry I was a manufacturing cost analyst and $200 is not much these days.

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To each their own; where as some may see it as an astute engineering of supply and demand to ensure high profit margins, the more cynical of us may suspect disorganized business practices. For me, it was enough of an inconvenience that I said forget it...even while preferring the technology to what I ended up with. Maybe I'm the only one with that experience? How losing sales of otherwise willing customers is "good business" is beyond my simple country-boy reckoning.

EDIT: I read a bit more of the thread and sometimes you forget that there are actual people on the end of the line here - particularly in a relatively tight-knit prospecting community. I apologize for being a little harsh in my assessment of the BGT company. That said, a business growing or being somewhat seasonal in nature is still not a good excuse for providing poor service. Imagine if the lawn mowing company was constantly apologizing for not getting to your lawn in the summer because they didn't want to be overstaffed when winter hits. Besides, these issues seem to have plagued Bazooka for a couple of years now...they have yet to adjust. Maybe demand has just gotten bonkers with Bazookas in 50 countries around the world...but you'd think all that demand would eventually mean having the capital to hire people year-round, develop an inventory, etc. Or, maybe it just goes straight to the bottom line. After all, why invest profits in serving your customers better when they will wait, like it and you don't have to pay a bunch of nitwits to sit around gluing plastic together in January.

At the very least, they could give the REAL estimated delivery date to customers on their website and when an order is placed. "Usually ships in 7-10 business days" is a flat-out lie and they know it. It sounds like "Usually ships in 3-4 weeks" would be a more honest figure to give prospective customers.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
read what I said...There is only one person who causes the problem and doesn't fix it. Even the fact that I comment here so It can make it back to him. That won't fix it.believe me telling him to his face hasn't worked.

Everything said about managing it better is correct. Though it is hard for the manager when the owner doesn't follow solid business and production practices. I've told him more than once that the time from order to delivery needs to be addressed realistically. He thinks it's funny and that people just know it takes a while to get your bazooka.

I'm an authorized dealer and at this point I won't order the damn things so I can have an inventory.

Hey Todd get your act together or just let it go so someone else can take care of the demand...cut some parts weld some boxes..SHOW UP AND WORK!!!

I am not going to have your back anymore you've had too many chances to keep this from happening.

Like I've had to tell too many people now I won't make your sluice as long as Bazooka is an operating business because you are my "FRIEND" .

But, when you finally drop the Bazooka ball I will pick it up and run with it. People will get their gold trap, built faster and cheaper and I will pass the savings off to the customer. I've offered you two sources of cut parts, I will use my own source. I already have the machining ready to go. I offered it to you and you didn't take it. You wanted to make the decisions now you have a 30k piece of crap that does nothing.

Your blowing it every day stop making excuses! Stop complaining about having to make a product that sells itself...don't forget your patent has expired!

Your Welcome Chris. I'll talk to you soon!

Everyone else believe me I've tried to get your sluices to you faster. If it was up to me none of this would be happening. There is a reason I can't make them for you guys.

FOR NOW!

johngfoster

Feb 7, 2016
NW Montana
Detector(s) used
30" Prospector BGT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does that mean that the order I placed on 8/13/16 is on hold indefinitely? When should I realistically expect it to be filled?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does that mean that the order I placed on 8/13/16 is on hold indefinitely? When should I realistically expect it to be filled?
not saying anything is on hold..but, don't expect it for a month after ordering most of the time.

johngfoster

Feb 7, 2016
NW Montana
Detector(s) used
30" Prospector BGT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bummer! I'm headed out to the ID panhandle and then on to the OR coast 9/9/16. Placed my order on 8/13/16. I was hoping to take it with me. Oh well. At least I'll still have my pans.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow. Goldwasher I feel for you. I hope things change. And John I hope you get yours on time.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm all good. I tried to help. That's really all you can do.

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the utility patent for this technology expired in December, and cannot be renewed, I would guess that you will now see a flood of these fluid-bed devices from many major manufacturers...just like every manufacturer has their standard riffle & carpet setup, with some small variation. I predict that it's only a matter of time before these major brands smell the blood in the water, if they haven't already. With the popularity of BGTs, I have to believe these guys will want a piece of that action if they can get it. There may be SOME value in the BGT brand - there is going to be some loyalty, but it seems they've done themselves as much harm as good in some cases. Personally, I don't find anything charming or novel about waiting a month+ to get something I can use today. If Keene has the capital to keep some inventory on hand and can send me my 36" Keene StreamScrubber Fluid Bed Sluice in 3-5 business days, sign me up. Maybe one of them will actually make the high banker!

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh wow. Glad I got mine a couple years ago. :O I've been wanting a t-shirt but they are never in stock.

Hills Flat in Grass Valley has super mini, 30" sniper and 36" prospector if anyone is desperate and wants to go for a drive.

johngfoster

Feb 7, 2016
NW Montana
Detector(s) used
30" Prospector BGT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. Goldwasher I feel for you. I hope things change. And John I hope you get yours on time.

I haven't gotten it yet. It was shipped one day shy of a month from when it was ordered. Not in time for my trip to N ID and OR coast. :unhappysmiley:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread