Bazooka gold trap ?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A short damper helps. The flow needs to be smooth

Au dave

Aug 5, 2015
Eastern Victoria
Detector(s) used
Home made drop riffle, 'zook' mini prospector, 'zook' sniper
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all
Just to be a pain in the butt, could/would someone mind measuring the length of their trap on the sniper as i cannot find the link on GG's homemade sluice page of trap sizes and the purchase price/availability in Aust. is out of my reach. The US price is affordable but postage to here is ridiculous (more than cost of sluice) .I made a version of the zook out of a recycle bin and it works well but i'm finding it hard to set up with the low flows that we Aussies are currently experiencing ...I know i should just suck it up and spend but being on a pension sucks and money is tight as is...If no-one is willing I understand, you can PM me if you prefer Heavy pans all ...Dave

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi all
Just to be a pain in the butt, could/would someone mind measuring the length of their trap on the sniper as i cannot find the link on GG's homemade sluice page of trap sizes and the purchase price/availability in Aust. is out of my reach. The US price is affordable but postage to here is ridiculous (more than cost of sluice) .I made a version of the zook out of a recycle bin and it works well but i'm finding it hard to set up with the low flows that we Aussies are currently experiencing ...I know i should just suck it up and spend but being on a pension sucks and money is tight as is...If no-one is willing I understand, you can PM me if you prefer Heavy pans all ...Dave

The trap begins directly below the top edge of the grizzly bars according to the diagram on this page. http://www.bazookagoldtrap.com/content/BazookaInstructions.pdf If you can find a top view picture of a sniper of known length then you can proportion that picture and figure out the length of the trap. I understand that the traps are the same size regardless of actual sluice length providing they are the same model (sniper, prospector, etc.). The hard part is trying to figure out the size and positioning of the holes in the tubes.

Last edited:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all

Low flow is a tough one to overcome no matter what size trap you have.

You can increase the angle of your sluice to gain a faster flow but then you throw off the efficiency of the trap by having all the trapped material run toward the bottom end of the trap leaving the upper ends of the fluidizing tubes exposed which weakens the pressure at the end where the material has gathered.

The best solution to increase the flow is by building a wing dam.
Scaling down the size of your sluice would help along with running less material at a time. If the flow is really weak then classifying is also in order.

Other than that a pump and plumbing with control valves are needed.

GG~

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread