How to know if you are in a gold bearing River?

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was yesterdays finds! Sluiced for like an hour and processed almost a full 5 gallon bucket. I definitely need to get me a dredge!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462656061.765211.jpg

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
https://youtu.be/0Nx1je_4628
Heres a quick video of a couple of days ago. Just sluice for 1 hour and 3/4 of a bucket. Sorry I didn't filmed the final cleanup. But I managed to find almost a full gram. Believe me I want to dredge the whole place!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Clean the place out with a Bazooka sluice, thats rich material.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are definitely in a hot zone by any standard :icon_thumleft:

I can see why you are reluctant to move.
Nothing wrong with mining everything in your path when the pay is so good!

Even so, my curiosity would have me spend at least a day test panning upstream every 50-100 feet or so.
And then sluice like crazy.

Not really seeing any good location to run a dredge, other than a hand dredge.

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheCaribbeanDigger

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm currently designing and converting my small 33" sluice into a medium sized highbanker/dredge! Planning to leave the stock configuration of metal riffles, expanded metal and blue carpet. So I bought a 3'x3' sheet of aluminum 16 gauge to build the top highbanker hopper to adapt it on my sluice. I want a setup that I could just shovel in the material or dredge it also. https://youtu.be/h6z41gCJb8I This is what I'm thinking to do. With out the extension for now. Oh well time will tell or what you guys think? I'm desperate to start the fabricating process! :D

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope you pull pounds we can drool over! Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread